Thread: Help needed!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
I've had D2s. I got given them for nothing. I handed them back after a few weeks.

If they suit your needs, i.e. you're only after ride height and not particularly interested in how your car handles, and going by your wheel/tyre combo, this is most likely the case... then they are perfect.

I found that at anything below standard ride height, they were super stiff, extremely harsh and this was detrimental to handling, especially over undulations in corners.

Thinking about it, they'll probably work perfect for you.. minimal wheel travel will mean that your 9.5" rims and stretched tyres won't chop your guards out too much.
Firstly Joe, thanks for the experience based feedback.

I'm not the OP, and don't have the coilovers in question, so it doesn't affect me as such. But just in general, and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, from browsing the forums recently, there seems to be the rise of people saying X product is shit without giving any reasoning. For one, it doesn't help the OP in finding out credible information about what he or she is looking at, and secondly, you end up with uninformed people taking the same viewpoint simply because someone else has said it so.

I'm not interested in sparking arguments or provoking anyone, but I know I partly joined this forum to gain knowledge, not just be shot down for asking a question that I genuinely want information on. I just think it would benefit the forum as a whole if when a question is raised, informed responses were made with even a small amount of information given as to why someone has come to that conclusion.