Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree37Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Scoobie Noobie

IJNRI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
holy shit 225's on 9.5's. wow thats pretty outragous.

it looks pretty normal!!! i will post some more pics once i have rolled and dropped it.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Is there something actually wrong with the D2's or is it a case that people here run more expensive and 'better' coilovers, hence the ill reports on them? I don't have them so it doesn't affect me, it just seems invalid to say they're shit without reasoning.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Scoobie Noobie

IJNRI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Ask Mao at Evolution-R.. he know's all about D2 products ;-). (In all seriousness and not taking a dig).

yeah normally i would goto Mao but since i have relocated he is to far away from me.

Have any of you guys have anything done by Wilkinson Suspension before that was the next place i was going to.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJNRI View Post
yeah normally i would goto Mao but since i have relocated he is to far away from me.

Have any of you guys have anything done by Wilkinson Suspension before that was the next place i was going to.
Wilkinson Suspension do good work, no arguing quality and workmanship.

But the last time I went there the guy helping me was a tosser, and they are a little $$$.
So there customer service isn't the best
IJNRI likes this.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Scoobie Noobie

IJNRI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [MPS 3] View Post
Wilkinson Suspension do good work, no arguing quality and workmanship.

But the last time I went there the guy helping me was a tosser, and they are a little $$$.
So there customer service isn't the best

Cheers for the heads up Dan

Will be popping around there before work tomoro
Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

It ain't the D2 coilovers that's gunna kill her it's 225's on 9.5 rims with negative camber. I would be setting the camber at -0.5 at most....
In all honesty I just can't understand why people insist on having grossly mismatched tyre/rim combos...
BOMB3R, XT43, TROLLEY and 3 others like this.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
Is there something actually wrong with the D2's or is it a case that people here run more expensive and 'better' coilovers, hence the ill reports on them? I don't have them so it doesn't affect me, it just seems invalid to say they're shit without reasoning.
I've had D2s. I got given them for nothing. I handed them back after a few weeks.

If they suit your needs, i.e. you're only after ride height and not particularly interested in how your car handles, and going by your wheel/tyre combo, this is most likely the case... then they are perfect.

I found that at anything below standard ride height, they were super stiff, extremely harsh and this was detrimental to handling, especially over undulations in corners.

Thinking about it, they'll probably work perfect for you.. minimal wheel travel will mean that your 9.5" rims and stretched tyres won't chop your guards out too much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BALISTC For This Useful Post:
AWDmoke (09-11-2012), IJNRI (10-11-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
I've had D2s. I got given them for nothing. I handed them back after a few weeks.

If they suit your needs, i.e. you're only after ride height and not particularly interested in how your car handles, and going by your wheel/tyre combo, this is most likely the case... then they are perfect.

I found that at anything below standard ride height, they were super stiff, extremely harsh and this was detrimental to handling, especially over undulations in corners.

Thinking about it, they'll probably work perfect for you.. minimal wheel travel will mean that your 9.5" rims and stretched tyres won't chop your guards out too much.
Firstly Joe, thanks for the experience based feedback.

I'm not the OP, and don't have the coilovers in question, so it doesn't affect me as such. But just in general, and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, from browsing the forums recently, there seems to be the rise of people saying X product is shit without giving any reasoning. For one, it doesn't help the OP in finding out credible information about what he or she is looking at, and secondly, you end up with uninformed people taking the same viewpoint simply because someone else has said it so.

I'm not interested in sparking arguments or provoking anyone, but I know I partly joined this forum to gain knowledge, not just be shot down for asking a question that I genuinely want information on. I just think it would benefit the forum as a whole if when a question is raised, informed responses were made with even a small amount of information given as to why someone has come to that conclusion.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

AJAYJAY at standard level

225 tyres on a 9.5inch rim at that bad, not everyone in a subaru would do it but other cars tend to go 225/235 with 9.5inch rim...

its funny how everyone faps over subarus in the states with crazy offsets and stance..but wen someone in australia does it, they seem to get abused and be called stupid
Avalanche and IJNRI like this.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:14 PM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAYJAY View Post
225 tyres on a 9.5inch rim at that bad, not everyone in a subaru would do it but other cars tend to go 225/235 with 9.5inch rim...

its funny how everyone faps over subarus in the states with crazy offsets and stance..but wen someone in australia does it, they seem to get abused and be called stupid
Umm...that's because it detracts from (read "fucks up") handling, is potentially dangerous, is generally done only to get the pimp-my-Subaru-ride-xzibit-look and (IMO) looks stupid.

PS this is a Subaru forum..........
American Dave and XT43 like this.