View Single Post
Old 30-01-2013, 12:04 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level
Default Respray quotes...

Hey guys/gurls...

My younger son has the Celica GT4 in my sig... it is a non metallic Toyota red and it seriously needs a respray (external only, in factory original colour)... been quoted locally in Bunno (2 quotes so far) @ $4500-5000...

We wanna get it back to original condition, it's unmodified which is exactly how he wants to keep it, and the paint job is the only flaw in the whole car. The external of the car is dead straight, and you have to hunt hard to find the two minor shopping trolley dents in the doors.

Am I being unrealistic in thinking that the quotes I've had so far seem excessive... been quite a while since I've had a car fully resprayed (1991 from memory - old Celica TA22 change colour from white to red - $1500 & a damn good job at the time).

Anyone on here who can recommend a good spraypainter who can do much better than the above? Moreover, anyone on here in the spraypainting game looking for a weekend cashie? Happy to travel to Perth if need be, and will certainly do so if the price is right.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)