Thread: Boost issues
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

joshwrx at standard level
Default Boost issues

Hey guys, so for the last couple of months now ive been having boost issues. first off i wouldnt hit above 7.5psi which is usually wastegate values, and replaced my pipes and my boost control solenoid. Now i manage to get 14psi but it flucuates as i hit boost. for example:

i might floor it and it goes up to 14psi, down to 7psi and back up constantly, as if the car isnt able to hold boost, but then regains it

now sometimes i only get 7psi and then it goes back to 15psi, so what i did was completely run the car without the boost control solenoid pipes connected, i just bypassed it and i managed to get the car running at atleast 15psi in every gear. what i want to know is if anyone has any ideas what it could be and what i can check?

by the sounds of it, it seems like the second hand boost control solenoid i bought is faulty as well? maybe time to upgrade to three port? or is my wastegate actuator on its way out? i have tightened the arm once around to see if that was the case and the actuator isnt holding the boost as well and no fix. do i tighten more? i still have the wastegate pill in the pipe and all connections are the right way around

car is a 2002 bugeye wrx, normal service and stuff. has a 3" catless exhaust from turbo but it has been happening way after i put the exhaust in. other than that, the car is basically stock

cheers fellow rexxxersss,
Josh