View Single Post
Old 21-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

red dragon2002 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by X12 SRT View Post
Hi all, just read an interesting article in Subaru's Symetry mag regarding thier position in using Ethanol fuel,

Quote; "The good news is that the majority of new Subarus run normally on E10, the majority of Subaru vehicles produced after MY1990 can operate using E10 providing the model-specific fuel octane rating (RON) is maintained.

The only exceptions are turbocharged Liberty B4, Liberty 2.0GT,& WRX STi from MY99 to MY05 the turbocharged engines of those specific vehicles could experience starting or driveability concerns if refuelled with E10. Therefore it is not recomended in those varients.

Also, Subaru does not have test data for fuel blends with greater than 10% Ethanol,which may cause driveability problems and even failure of some parts and components, including the fuel line and exhaust. Use of blends greater than 10% Ethanol could also risk voiding the manufacturer's warranty."

That last paragraph may be a warning to those mixing thier own blends.
I know some guys are running E10 so it's good to hear your views over the official Subaru position.
Cheers
Taken from other thread, any comments on the above? I would hate for my car to fuck up just because of not using correct fuel