Thread: P plater Laws
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 10:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Wells97 at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Wells97

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Wells97, ive Have driven all sorts of cars etc, and to be perfectly honest, the STi has got me into the least amount of trouble.
All the 4x4 and work utes etc would hang pretty sideways in the wet, do lil skids, go offroad, overload, break down the most and speed the most in, while the STi, ive cared too much about to risk it-especially before midnight. Even when the STi was my daily.

I get these other guys may have a point, and take that on board, be aware that you will still be learning you judgement of things, and in the main what other drivers are doing/going to do - as i imagine your pretty on the ball - but a lot of people on our roads are not concentrating on driving as much as the should be.

If you want to buy a wrx, by all means go and by one - i like the wait till you've racked up 10,000kms/6months first tho, in maybe a couple of different cars if the chances arise, to enable you to get a feel and 'learn' things that you can't be told, you have to experience.
and also as a side thing,
peer pressure/mates/showing off will get you into more trouble than anything else if you let it, so dont be super boring, but know your limits & what the risks are.

My 2c anyway

I think this is the best answer on here :P
I think i may wait untill ive had my p's for abit then go get a WRX
It'll keep everyone happy that way.. The parents wont be worried as much and ill be happier with my driving.

But on that whole other driver thing I swear people see my l plates and sit right up my back side even though im sat on or slightly above the speed limit

Thanks