View Single Post
Old 24-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Scoobie Noobie

my0six at standard level

Okay, long time no reply, sorry. I replaced the motor, on of the bushes / brushes (little carbon square thingy that contacts the copper bits on shaft) was burnt out a bit.

Now, when I click down, I hear the relay click, the window goes down fine. When I click up, same thing, fine fine.

However, if I then leave it for two mins and then click it down, the window stays... I hear the relay click, yetthe window stays put, BUT, that's not all (free ste of steak knives?) after me pushing it, hearing the relay "click" and about thirty seconds of nothing happening, it works! Then it works fine again, up and down... Unless I leave it for a while again.

Now when I wind it down, I hear the relay click off, it's about a second after the window has stopped at the bottom.

I've cleaned all contacts, pulled the thing (switch unit) apart, sprayed the sh*@ out of it, dried it and put alltogether again and this is the result.

I have no idea what's going on. The thing goes up and down fine, when it's working... But it's pretty frustrating.

So, there is a click from the relay, then nothing...
...then the window goes down, then the relay clicks off again.

Haha, any theories?