View Single Post
Old 24-08-2013, 08:48 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Story 1: training a temp to look after my site whilst i get my knee surgery. He can be called bob for the purpose of this story. Bob is fairly clueless about cars but keeps raving on about a VF commodore ssv redline he just bought for 52k 2 months. Story goes Bob went too one holden dealer and asked for a price for said car. The dealer came back with a price of 56k. So Bob goes to a different dealer and asks him to beat the above price for the same car. The dealer took Bob for a test drive in what Bob thought was a VF edition commodore. The dealer said he could so it for 52k as it is a demo model. Bob buys the car and ring the other dealer to say he managed to get one for 52k to which the other dealer is genuinly surprised. Anyway fast forward 2 months and i am down at the work shop and ask Bob to show me his car. He takes me to a series 2 commodore ssv redline but a VE model. Im fairly confused at this point. Bob does not believe me that its not a VF as he assumed that the redline had different styling haha. Pop the bonnet and show him the build date on the vin which is may 2012. Bob goes quiet and does a dissapearing act about 5 mins later. So basically the dealer took advantahe of the fact that Bob has no fucking idea and is a moron and managed to charge him 52k for a car that is worth 43k. I felt so bad i couldnt even laugh, which is strange for me

Bullshit, BULLSHIT!

I am a senior manager for amulti francised dealer group incorporating Holden!

You couldn't get a VF redline 2 months ago!

They don't look the same, drive the same, or are even priced the same as a VE

And the contract will clearly show what car it is!

Also the sale is registered with Holden and a copy of the contract, rego's etc are sent to Holden, there is no chance that Holden would allow a contract with VF SSV REDLINE written on it to be processed with a VE VIN number, engine etc.....

Your mate is lying to you, he bought a VE (which had higher pricing than a VF) and now has the guilts

Sorry bro but no one is going to believe that bunch of shit!

Dealers (especially francised ones) cannot get away with anything in this day and age, if a fucking set of floor mats are missed in the deal there is hell to pay let alone what you are talking about!

Go back to Bob the temp and tell him he is full of crap and to stop speading lies!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook

Last edited by fatboy; 24-08-2013 at 09:01 AM.