Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff
Default Dealership horror stories.

Ok. So this last week i have come across 2 really good examples of a dealer absolutly raping the shit out of clueless customers. So thought it would be fun and educational if we compiled a thread about these stories.

Story 1: training a temp to look after my site whilst i get my knee surgery. He can be called bob for the purpose of this story. Bob is fairly clueless about cars but keeps raving on about a VF commodore ssv redline he just bought for 52k 2 months. Story goes Bob went too one holden dealer and asked for a price for said car. The dealer came back with a price of 56k. So Bob goes to a different dealer and asks him to beat the above price for the same car. The dealer took Bob for a test drive in what Bob thought was a VF edition commodore. The dealer said he could so it for 52k as it is a demo model. Bob buys the car and ring the other dealer to say he managed to get one for 52k to which the other dealer is genuinly surprised. Anyway fast forward 2 months and i am down at the work shop and ask Bob to show me his car. He takes me to a series 2 commodore ssv redline but a VE model. Im fairly confused at this point. Bob does not believe me that its not a VF as he assumed that the redline had different styling haha. Pop the bonnet and show him the build date on the vin which is may 2012. Bob goes quiet and does a dissapearing act about 5 mins later. So basically the dealer took advantahe of the fact that Bob has no fucking idea and is a moron and managed to charge him 52k for a car that is worth 43k. I felt so bad i couldnt even laugh, which is strange for me

Story 2: this is one of those "My mates, younger brothers best mates stories". Anyway said kid goes into a dealership by himself too look at an xr5. At this stage the car is out of his budget and he just want to take a look. Next minute the salesman asks if he wanted to go for a drive. Obciously the kid says yes and the dealer whips out some forms and tells the kid he has to sign them to tes drive the car. The kid signs the forms and goes on a test drive. Little does he know he just purchased The car. Upset and confused about what just happened he goes home and tells his dad. Dad rings the dealership and pretty much gets told "to bad" he signed for the purchase of the car subject to finance". They ended up buying the car.

Does anyone have anymore stories about sneaky salesmen?
Old 24-08-2013, 08:41 AM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

Um apart from those stories being shit, they are jumpsuit.

1. If you get sold a car under false pretense then the contract is null and void
2. There is always a cooling off period for car contracts. I call bullshit on the second story
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 24-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MY99GT at standard level

There is no cooling off period on a car contract - I work in the industry (but not in sales)
We will remember them.

Lest we forget .
Old 24-08-2013, 08:48 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Story 1: training a temp to look after my site whilst i get my knee surgery. He can be called bob for the purpose of this story. Bob is fairly clueless about cars but keeps raving on about a VF commodore ssv redline he just bought for 52k 2 months. Story goes Bob went too one holden dealer and asked for a price for said car. The dealer came back with a price of 56k. So Bob goes to a different dealer and asks him to beat the above price for the same car. The dealer took Bob for a test drive in what Bob thought was a VF edition commodore. The dealer said he could so it for 52k as it is a demo model. Bob buys the car and ring the other dealer to say he managed to get one for 52k to which the other dealer is genuinly surprised. Anyway fast forward 2 months and i am down at the work shop and ask Bob to show me his car. He takes me to a series 2 commodore ssv redline but a VE model. Im fairly confused at this point. Bob does not believe me that its not a VF as he assumed that the redline had different styling haha. Pop the bonnet and show him the build date on the vin which is may 2012. Bob goes quiet and does a dissapearing act about 5 mins later. So basically the dealer took advantahe of the fact that Bob has no fucking idea and is a moron and managed to charge him 52k for a car that is worth 43k. I felt so bad i couldnt even laugh, which is strange for me

Bullshit, BULLSHIT!

I am a senior manager for amulti francised dealer group incorporating Holden!

You couldn't get a VF redline 2 months ago!

They don't look the same, drive the same, or are even priced the same as a VE

And the contract will clearly show what car it is!

Also the sale is registered with Holden and a copy of the contract, rego's etc are sent to Holden, there is no chance that Holden would allow a contract with VF SSV REDLINE written on it to be processed with a VE VIN number, engine etc.....

Your mate is lying to you, he bought a VE (which had higher pricing than a VF) and now has the guilts

Sorry bro but no one is going to believe that bunch of shit!

Dealers (especially francised ones) cannot get away with anything in this day and age, if a fucking set of floor mats are missed in the deal there is hell to pay let alone what you are talking about!

Go back to Bob the temp and tell him he is full of crap and to stop speading lies!
RUSSGT likes this.

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook

Last edited by fatboy; 24-08-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 24-08-2013, 08:51 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Story 2: this is one of those "My mates, younger brothers best mates stories". Anyway said kid goes into a dealership by himself too look at an xr5. At this stage the car is out of his budget and he just want to take a look. Next minute the salesman asks if he wanted to go for a drive. Obciously the kid says yes and the dealer whips out some forms and tells the kid he has to sign them to tes drive the car. The kid signs the forms and goes on a test drive. Little does he know he just purchased The car. Upset and confused about what just happened he goes home and tells his dad. Dad rings the dealership and pretty much gets told "to bad" he signed for the purchase of the car subject to finance". They ended up buying the car.
Again bullshit!

Do i really need to go into detail on this utter lie?

Kid has buyers remorse, see it all the time!

Tony, i think you need to delete this thread or i will make you look silly!
RUSSGT likes this.

Old 24-08-2013, 08:57 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY99GT View Post
There is no cooling off period on a car contract - I work in the industry (but not in sales)
Spot on, WA does not have a cooling off period on car sales!

Other states do, SA 2 days, Vic 3 day, Tas none!

Old 24-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Tony, i think you need to delete this thread or i will make you look silly!
I feel 'for the sake of the forum and indeed humanity', you must proceed
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Haha i dont feel silliest in the bit. This guy genuinly believed he had bought a VF until yesterday. He is going to the dealer today to find out what is going on. He has even insured it as a VF commo haha. Both me and you both know he has bought an overpriced VE and not read any of the contracts he was signing.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

Both these stories do have the Today Tonight beat up vibe to them.
Dan [GTI] and Wells97 like this.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Your mate is lying to you, he bought a VE (which had higher pricing than a VF) and now has the guilts
Wouldn't buy a commonwhore, however its just stupid to have paid more for a new VE when the new VF is cheaper and newer.

Quote:
Kid has buyers remorse, see it all the time!
Keen for more of these ^^^^ stories

Tags
dealership, horror, sandy vaginas, stories