View Single Post
Old 30-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Huh?? 10,000 were AFL members? What are you talking about...

You're just biased against Freo then?

You'll note that it's not the team whinging, as I'm sure they are saying exactly what you are suggesting, but it's not the team that is most affected(although from what I've heard, skilled/simonds is a pretty terrible ground to play at compared to the other grounds used for AFL fixtures), it is the club officials and supporters whinging, and I agree with them.
Why should 11,000+ supporters of EITHER club(and that is based on the lower attendance finals game between them) miss out on watching the game live? Especially when, as has been stated by the AFL, they would not even consider it for any other opposition?

Anyway... I realise this is a fruitless discussion to continue... I only hope that the AFL see the light and recognise that their competition extends further than the state of Victoria, and that Freo fans should be allowed to watch the game live when they are paying hundreds of dollars to travel across to Melbourne.

*for the record, I'm not going over there, I just don't think it's fair on the people that are, and may not be able to see the game if this idea goes ahead.

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe