View Single Post
Old 22-10-2013, 06:11 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by django View Post
Guys I want to get ECUTEK removed from my 2001 WRX,I had originally planned on just selling my current ECU and replacing it with a completely stock one but I spoke to the guy at JWS Wreckers in Wangara and he said you cant just pop in another ECU?.

Something to do with the immobiliser system on the ADM Subaru's,keys programed to your existing ecu?. How much am I likely to get charged to get the ECUTEK removed or is there in fact a way that I can buy a stock ECU and get it functioning right in my car?
It is possible to have the ECUtek tune removed, from what i remember its your choice. From what i understand you'll be given a "standard" tune and hopefully if its done right you'll also have the TPU init code reset back to the standard. (which will allow you to either go to an open sourced solution or something else)

There are a few people who can read the ecu or even reprogram the ecu with the ECUtek license in place.

However i think it would be best in the long term to go back to MMS and have the tune checked. After all you have some receipts that some work was done and its often a good idea to deal with one workshop instead of applying the spray and pray method.