View Single Post
Old 19-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco
Default GC8 HID Hi/Lo projector retrofit to OEM headlamps

I've been looking into this (came across this mod when I was overseas) as a solution for running HID's in my STI - I must be getting old as I find the factory halogens woeful. HID conversions to the OEM reflectors just throw light everywhere and have eye straining hotspots in the foreground, not to mention annoying every other person on the road.

The solution is to retrofit proper HID projector lenses to the lamp housings.

This conversion to the OEM housings gives you the proper light distribution required to legally run HID's, they have Hi/lo beams, proper beam cut off and do not glare if adjusted correctly.

Low beam

High beam

Note: Both images above show LHD light patterns - be sure to order RHD projectors if you want to do this mod.

The only change I intend to make to the mod is to use Plasti Dip to tint the factory reflector to stop the internal reflections inside the lamp housing.

These are the projector units I bought:

Once they arrive I'll post up the whole conversion process.

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 19-03-2014 at 12:16 PM.