Thread: 02 Blue Bugeye
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Franklin at standard level
Default 02 Blue Bugeye

Hey Team,

I've been lurking for a bit and figured i'd better introduce myself.

Recently bought a blue 02 bugeye with 112,000 KMS on it. I've previously owned a couple of MR2s that I probably spent too much money on, and swore I would just use this as a daily drive and not mod it....that changed after about a week of owning it.

I jumped on this forum and had a read and decided I'd go down to Evolution R for some work.

Anyway Mao sorted me out well. for $1100 I got an engine tune and boost controller and had the catted up pipe replaced - raising power from 160whp to 195whp and a lot more torque through the mid range. For another ~$2300 I got some STD coilovers, sway bars, front strut brace and endlinks. I went with the 6kg spings up front and 4kg at the rear, softer than usual but I'm glad because it's still plenty stiff.

This forum provided a wealth of info when deciding on what to spend my cash on for mods. I now I have a much more spritely and enjoyable ride, which I really enjoy fanging around in on the weekends. Pic attached from the day i picked her up from the very dodgy dealership in Vic Park. It still looks the same except it's a bit lower now.