View Single Post
Old 23-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Lol Biggest negative compared to a WRX is........................That it isn't one and it isn't even the same class of car.

But hey cool Hertz rent-a-car story bro.......

I went to Thailand and did a bit of a road trip on a Honda CLICK 125i PGM FI, then I came home and drove my Vi STI with ECU, tune and loads of other non standard crap.

Honda Click
The bike was unfortunately an Auto (as pretty well all rentals are) so It wasn't really a fair comparison as my STI is manual, but I still gave it a good road test. The auto box isn't great, although i was surprised at the speed of the upshifts, however downshifting for a sweeping bend really was slow and painful- being a vario and all.

The steering was taught and direct, and this was probably the most noticeable improvement over my STI, I especially liked the Idle stop feature that saved me something like 10 Baht in fuel over the week.

The Bike also Layed over in the corners and the suspension was quite firm for stock springs and shocks, I came away thinking I wouldnt have needed to spend all the cash I did on my STI suspension if I had one of these.

The Bike was obviously under powered (plus I'm a fat fucker), however if you really give it a wrist full it will still pretty easily break all speed limits in the country. The lack of power was most noticeable on corner exit and up hills (particularly with the auto box), this is easily the biggest negative compared to the STI.

My lasting impression was that this car would be a great daily drive, particularly because I covered 200kms on the day trip with spirited driving and only used 1.5 litres of petrol, It would have easily been 45 litres+ in the STI.

The day rental cost was $120Baht from the local retired bar girl/boy which I considered a bit of a bargain, and I'd recommend it......Not the retired bar boy/girl......
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 23-06-2014 at 03:36 PM.