View Single Post
Old 20-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

To answer your questions:
1. No, it will run out of resolution at 350hp (at the flywheel).
2. You can't - it's not a desirable or recommended MAF to use (too small & lacks resoluton).

The Normal GC8 setting is only for the original Version 5/6 MAF, with the factory airbox and snorkus installed and nothing else.

To run a v3/4 MAF you would need to fully map out a custom airflow curve in the power fc on a dyno.......Not worth the time nor the money - considering Apexi has already done the hard work for the Z32 & Q45 airflow/voltage curves already.

Any MAF change will still require a re-tune but the basic airflow curve to suit the Z32 (or Q45) is built into the Power FC, tweaks are needed to allow for airflow changes due to cams/compression etc.

Why the resistance in changing to the proven long-term reliable Bosch (Nissan) MAF's?

Do you have access to a datalogit or other powerfc tuning software, along with a wideband?

Do you understand the maf airflow/voltage scaling in the powerfc and how it effects your maps?

I have a similar set up to you (read my sig below) and I do all of my own modding/tuning/etc.

A Z32 is the way to go, it has better resolution than the Subaru Maf's, is far more reliable & it maxes out somewhere around the 550hp (400kw+) mark.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]