View Single Post
Old 23-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff
Default Brembo Time!

So I finally got around to instaling my brakes and sway bars (sorry about the average quality photos).

The brakes took about 5 hours to install on a lazy Saturday, no real surprises. All the stock lines fitted perfectly, and the Brembo bolts fitted front and rear without issue. The only real hassle was trimming the rear dust / rotor sheilds, but that took all of 10 minutes.

The front really filled the 20" Camaro wheel with only 5mm clearance between the spoke and caliper.

The rear had no issues with clearance and had plenty of room left.

After bleeding all the brakes several times the pedal had a nice firm feel when braking. The braking performance was imporoved significantly with less pedal work needed to stop the car under normal conditions and the tyres chattering under hard braking. I am using the pads provided in the kit with no complaints to far. No noise, very little dust and good cold bite.

While I had the car up I was planning to install both my SUPER PRO swaybars, but the front just wasn't co-operating so I will tackle that another day. The rear bar (22mm 3 point adjustable) is brilliant! It has stopped the front of the car diving on turn-in and made the car feel more responsive. I have upgraded sway bars on all my cars and they are a great bang-for-$$$ part that never fails to impress me.

With the bigger wheels and brake rotors on the car it might be time to throw those 3.9 Diff Gears in to counter the extra rotational mass added that will be my excuse anyways...