Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff
Default Update time!

Can't remember if I posted anything on this forum about the wagon in a while. So will just update what isn't in this thread:

Got my hands on a set of 2010 Camaro SS wheels. I only know of a hand-full of these wheels in Australia (most of which are on imported Camaros).

The next step was to sort brakes and suspension. Sway bars have been a pain with Whiteline having a 6-8 week unconfirmed wait on them. So I went through Superpro Swaybars and they should be here late this week.

Also ordered Brembos (front & rear) and larger rotors to suit.

Free plug for EMPIRE Performance: good service, great blokes and quality products.

So what is next? Well pending the handover of my house in the next few weeks: 3.9 Diff Gears and NPC Clutch.
RichX likes this.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

I would be pairing those calipers up with some decent rotors and pads .. have a look at the performance friction 2 piece?
Old 09-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
I would be pairing those calipers up with some decent rotors and pads .. have a look at the performance friction 2 piece?
RDA rotors and Ferodo Pads (will have to double check).

Not going to be doing huge track days with it, only the odd RAC day and drags (WAW, ANZAC Holden vs Ford). So not really going for a 2 piece rotor or a super aggressive pad.

Just wanted the extra stopping power to handle any horsepower I add in the future.
AWDmoke and s20525xxx like this.

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 09-11-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 23-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Default Brembo Time!

So I finally got around to instaling my brakes and sway bars (sorry about the average quality photos).

The brakes took about 5 hours to install on a lazy Saturday, no real surprises. All the stock lines fitted perfectly, and the Brembo bolts fitted front and rear without issue. The only real hassle was trimming the rear dust / rotor sheilds, but that took all of 10 minutes.

The front really filled the 20" Camaro wheel with only 5mm clearance between the spoke and caliper.

The rear had no issues with clearance and had plenty of room left.

After bleeding all the brakes several times the pedal had a nice firm feel when braking. The braking performance was imporoved significantly with less pedal work needed to stop the car under normal conditions and the tyres chattering under hard braking. I am using the pads provided in the kit with no complaints to far. No noise, very little dust and good cold bite.

While I had the car up I was planning to install both my SUPER PRO swaybars, but the front just wasn't co-operating so I will tackle that another day. The rear bar (22mm 3 point adjustable) is brilliant! It has stopped the front of the car diving on turn-in and made the car feel more responsive. I have upgraded sway bars on all my cars and they are a great bang-for-$$$ part that never fails to impress me.

With the bigger wheels and brake rotors on the car it might be time to throw those 3.9 Diff Gears in to counter the extra rotational mass added that will be my excuse anyways...
TROLLEY, s20525xxx, Tiigga and 2 others like this.

Tags
bitches love torque-steer, mps3, my hair dresser called she wants her car back., project, steer, torque