View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

yeahnah at standard level
Default Swapping bugeye drivers seat

Hey yo dudes, can anyone please tell me if 08+seat cushion and covers/skins will swap into a 01 wrx?
The stock seats are straight painful for me particularly the narrow base and high outer edges.
I find gen3 seats a lot more comfortable.
I'm quite sure an entire G3 seat unit Inc metal frame won't work without steel fabrication but happy to be shown wrong. Airbags will bring a new level of shitfulness to the story too im sure.
Only knowledge I have of this is from US forums, often mentions of anchor bolts not aligning, which I have seen photos.
So I get that bit, I did read about fabricating rails to suit but (and this was only 04 seats into 01 car) I'm quite sure I couldn't do the rail mods required myself, if anyone knows what's required or even better how to do it personally I'd appreciate hearing about it. Or a clued in custom fab shop?
Even if I can change out the drivers base cushion I'd be happy.
Obviously I'm hoping to avoid learning it doesn't work the hard way.
If above idea is a def fail, are there other seats that can be swapped in (from a liberty etc) ? Really the only requirement is for a more comfortable drivers seat though. All passengers seats purely discretionary based on cost.
I'd be grateful to hear any ideas or experiences regarding this.