View Single Post
Old 13-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by s20525xxx View Post
1.Automotive Engine Oil, How often should you change it?

2. I pluged a inline fuel filter to my crank breather, during cold start, it collected brown sludge immediately, and evaporated after 10min driving.

3. Attached is my old set up, to reduce flow resistance, i runs straight breathers now.

4. I also have a question, if oil is pumped to cylinder head, would it be on constant positive pressure unless engine breaking?
1. 4000miles is just shy of 6500km, Extremely cold weather is -20 degrees C

2.Like I said, it's condensate from the engine cooling down & pulling moisture from the air - it is worse on humid days, it is completely normal & does no harm.

3. OMG......how did you expect the crank case gases to pass through that with that closed cell foam packed in there so tightly??

4. Oil is always pumped to the heads when the engine is running. The blow-by gas volume increases with rpm & boost. There is always some blow-by if the engine is turning regardless whether its at idle, cruise, on boost or on over run.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]