View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Scoobie Noobie

DanGT at standard level

Thanks Stubaru!

It was the carbon filter!

It was doing my head in last night thinking "why would a pressurised part have a purge??" and I couldn't be stuffed going outside with a torch to look around. Lol

I'm just doing these mods to get me through 12momths or so. Then I'll be doing a full STI swap (engine, tranny, box, diff, brakes etc). Then I'll be running a vf34-vf35, upgraded tmic, ecu (with electric boost control) and all the good stuff! ��
At the moment the car is due for a service and tune. And due to an accident after my car rolled down the driveway, down the street, bounced off a car, took out a wheelie bin and ended up in bushes...it's all scratched up and getting a full respray in August. So I'll be keeping her (and the Mrs who forgot the handbrake lol). The turbo needs replacing/rebuilding so I'm just going to swap the tf035 with a Td04l 13t (then convert to 19t on about 6 months).
I already have the hks bov, hks boost gauge and turbo smart manual duel stage controller and thought I'd be stuck at 11psi (as its a stock fozzy ecu, tuned to tow) but I've found out I can fit a fuel cut defender to stop the ecu from crapping out and continuing to feed fuel after the 11psi point.
Have several mates sucssessfully running around on 16psi, that were previously stuck at 11-13 (subies, mazdas & nissans)
Hoping it'll work the same for me and get me into the mid teens of the boost world. Lol

But yes. You are 100% right. New computer, Vf series turbo and bigger injectors are coming with the STI swap next year (even though I said that last year! ��)

Thanks for the link and sudgestion for other site. I'll check it out and see us there!