View Single Post
Old 16-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Apart from being on a liquid diet, with that type of surgery (not getting hungry, 80% of your stomach gone etc). Is it reversible? Can you enjoy a good feed ever again in your life, when you return to a typical weight?

Or is that it for ever? Eg: Your Christmas dinner is going to be 2 slices of Turkey and maybe a mince pie.
My stomach capacity once I'm fully healed will be approx 150-200mls, the average persons stomach is about 1000mls.

The surgery is not reversible, my stomach is like this:

The sleeve can be forced to stretch over time but forcing food down is VERY painful - the pain is a reminder of your limitations (and is caused by the titanium staples) & partly why the sleeve is so such a successful weight loss tool - it cannot be cheated like a Lapband can be by eating small amounts continually as there is no capacity to store the bulk.

It's a tool that helps you re-learn portion sizes & limits how fast you can eat food.

Currently it takes me about 30 minutes to consume 100ml of soup comfortably - my stomach is still swollen internally & has a capacity of about 50mls at the moment.

I won't be starting solid food for another 3 weeks yet, the stomach takes quite a while to heal.

Once I'm fully healed a full meal for me will only ever be entree sized, also you can't drink & eat at the same time due to the capacity limitation.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 16-07-2015 at 09:56 PM.