Thread: Motorbikes
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2015, 11:10 AM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Had ridden bikes for many years from 13 yo to 33, Is it dangerous yes , can it kill you yes . I've had 3 serious accidents all with cars and all related to not being seen. I gave riding away about 6 yrs ago when 33.

I really enjoyed riding but having a family and the inlaws frowning upon me constantly I sold up. At that stage I was working away and the bike wasnt getting as much use. All my road accidents were in traffic while commuting to work or from. Never had an issue with leisure rides country runs etc .

I found bike riding calming and a great escape from stress , you must be vigilant 120% of the time and ride to conditions . For your use id say less chance of having an accident . If you haven't ridden at all before ride with people that have for a good period of time . With bikes experience is everything.

Unfortunately these days you can be the safest rider on earth but 50% of bike accidents are other road users 20% inexperience (over confidence kills on a bike ) and 30% not riding to the conditions.

Do not skimp on safety gear buy the more expensive helmets and proper boots, gloves , jacket , pants and back and kidney protection. Expensive gear lasts longer is more comfortable to wear especially in summer helmets fog less in cold and is better made. You wouldn't buy a piece of rope to replace a seatbelt in a car don't skimp on safety.

goodluck have fun

Last edited by amtrapid; 17-07-2015 at 11:11 AM.