View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 07:27 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DamoESP at standard level
Default MY05 STI turns over but won't fire

My car is well overdue for a service and I've been a slack boy so it hasn't been driven in nearly 2 and a half months. Finally decided to pull my finger out and go to book it in for a service, but obviously battery was dead. Recharged the battery, got it checked and its all good.

Put battery back in yesterday and went to start my car, it turns over (so battery and starter appear fine) but doesn't seem to fire/catch. Can hear the fuel pump priming. I do have the stock brant system in the car but it appears to be responsive (accepts PIN, can hear fuel pump prime) and I haven't had any issues with it yet. The CEL is on both before and after I put brant code in.

Has got about a quarter tank of fuel in it, but will grab a jerry and give her another drink just incase its all settled. Will check all fuses/relays tomorrow after work to make sure they are all good, and after that going to check fuel lines to make sure the fuel pump is actually working and then spark plugs. I'm not the most mechanically gifted bloke but wanted to test all the basics before ringing a mobile mechanic like Blue Star and wasting their time on something that could be an easy fix!

What else should I be checking/testing in this situation?