View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

I didn't, no. I read a lot that those fans, while looking like a nice piece of kit, are not as good as the OEM fans? I didn't want to risk it so i kept the OEM ones in place.

Only issue I have had is with the Mishimoto rad I got, 53mm X-Line 3 row, as everyone says, that top radiator hose sits really close to the power steering pulley, even when trimmed up nicely.

You will want to monitor it closely over a few days, and especially when doing track work and throwing the car around. If you have shitty engine mounts, it will likely touch and pierce the hose.

You could probably get away with going a smaller radiator that isn't so fat and achieve the same results. I think Koyo do a 36mm Hyper Core or something?

Quote:
Koyorad is always making improvements to their products and have revised their 53mm thick standard core version with the new 36mm "Hyper" core. The revised core has an increased fin and tube count for improved heat dissipation. This decrease in core thickness reduces overall weight while increasing air circulation and engine bay space.
Probably more efficient also in the sense that you're not putting a bigger radiator and creating a more tigthly packed engine bay. I probably should have thought it out better.

Last edited by RichX; 11-11-2015 at 11:41 AM.