Thread: Future of PWRX
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
sorry but blah blah blah - this has come up more than once - oh hang on insert 'search is your friend' here bullshit.

Simple answer - when this was all new it cost circa $35-45k (hell that was over a years pay for me in '93 when I bought my 1st subaru) to buy one and then mods etc were hard to find other than an exhaust and springs let alone tuning a car.

Stance did not exist

Facebook did not exist (we had egroups)

Flash fwd - GC8's now cost the equivalent of a VK commodore of the day, large percentage of young blokes will go elsewhere when they pop a motor etc

The basic part of it all is to be part of a car community back when you actually gave a shit and it involved more than touching "F" on your smartphone.

Look at any "club" or forum - they are all struggling, number can't be filled for track days, generally posts are down daily, cruises are full of mongs.

Sorry there is no real solution as the baller, yolo shit culture is rife through cars and Subaru's are not immune.

There's plenty of decent members on here who would attend events and participate.

Events just need to be organised, promoted and well executed. The idiots will come and go.