Thread: Future of PWRX
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Scoobie Noobie

garst at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic1 View Post
I have never quoted myself but........ I appreciate your not having a go directly at me and in the interests of personal bbq development

search my bbq / ribs threads, tell me how I can organise them better to attract more wrx owners - maybe do it for free

PS, im toying with the idea of doing a Booze, Boobs & BBQue on the 24th January 2016. $80 to $100 per person. all you can eat, drink and oggle.

You heard it here first!
Sorry, re-reading that it does sound very vague, I didn't mean to imply social events had been poorly run in the past.

As far as organisation goes, I honestly have no idea how to get more people around social events, it can be hard getting people together for stuff thats not necessarily related to the original interest that brought them together. On reflection I probably shouldn't have said anything, there was no point.

Moving forward, at the end of the day all that can be done is to organise a few events and hope that theres a big enough turn out to constitute organising them again in the future. If they're a flop, then thats just the way it goes and maybe forums like this will end up canned, but until they do its worth a shot. I for one are thankful that people are willing to take initiative and put something together, it can be a pretty thankless and tiring job as others have pointed out, but its often what it takes to keep these groups ticking over.