Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2015, 09:30 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by type25 View Post
Where have you connected the "outputs" from the handbrake cylinder to the rear brake lines?
All hydraluic connections are made at the valve block (rear proportioning valve) at the drivers strut tower. I ran 4 hardlines from there across to the passenger firewall. From there it goes through the firewall just below the main ECU loom pass through. From there it goes flexible hose direct to the handbrake cylinder. I used the 'output' of the rear bias valve as the junction point for everything. So the handbrake cylinder tee's in after the rear proportioning valve. If you look at the photo below, you can see the way the hardlines are routed in relation to the valve. I used that location as i *thought* it would be a good place to join in with the minimum of cutting into stock lines. I figured it had to be after the proportioning valve, otherwise that would limit the handbrake cylinder pressure to the rear calipers. I simply un-did the output fiittings of the bias valve. And screwed in my 4 hardlines in-between.

Basically the hydraulic circuit goes as follows.

Main tanden master cylinder > ABS valve block > rear proportioning valve > handbrake master cylinder > rear caliprs.

The main master cylinder is a GDB STi item. (Larger bore than SG Forester)

I have totoally removed and bypassed the hill holder, which used to be inbetween the main master and the ABS. In its place is a hardline i bent up to totoally remove it from the system.

The proportioning valve is also a GDB item. (Unsure if different to SG Forester, but suspect it is due to different brakes on both vehicles.)

Front brakes are Wilwood FNSL6R calipers.

Rear brakes are GDB STi Brembos. (Overhauled and painted before fitting)

Handbrake master cylinder is a Group N STi / AP Racing inline tandem with 7/10 inch bore. (Freshly overhauled before fitting.)

[

Last edited by Bram; 22-12-2015 at 02:49 PM.