View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 12:53 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
I'm going to disagree (and possibly be proven right or wrong) but I am retaining my process west TMIC, putting a gtx3076r on and flex fuel.

I am expecting to make 400 especially on E85 seeing as it is only another 45 hp away from the current set up of 98 + TD05-18g.

I agree with the heat soak blah blah etc but I watched the IAT at racewars sitting in the queue and as soon as we had fwd motion it was a non issue.

Do you want 400hp in daily traffic? sure a front mount will make sense, but imo the poofteenths difference at anything below 450hp it will make for a street car / weekend warrior you can choose.

Actual race car etc different story but we are talking about road cars here
Agree 1000% for a street car but I dont think he had the intention of running E85 . E85 Is a god sent for Subarus and their Intake temps and det. Im keeping my water to air for this reason the 400 bucks ive spent on modifying its capacity and running e85 on the new engine combo is easy 400 hp safely . And for rally sprint That all I intend to have to shit my pants with . I think you will piss 400 in with your combo Scary .

I think the OPs best option is to look at flex fuel or 2 map setup with E85 for 400 hp and a milder tune on 98 for daily duties . The patrol in my link in the previous novel I wrote had an Aquamist methanol Injection system on it Dan .
It cost over 2500 to set up with 45 L tank of methanol to 120L of Diesel its not cost effective and also . Methanol voids your road cars insurance and is illegal for road use due to the fact of Ricky Bobby type Invisible fire if you have an accident lol
The Following User Says Thank You to amtrapid For This Useful Post:
Dan [GTI] (12-02-2016)