View Single Post
Old 30-05-2016, 01:14 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

shaunus at standard level
Default Low idle/Fluctuation/Stall

Afternoon all,

First post in a long time, well I will start by saying the sti's still running great apart from a niggling little issue that I will get too in a minute. Motor hasn't consumed a drop of oil so far which is very nice to see and pulls like a train compared to the previous motor/tune.

As mentioned in one of my last posts upon receiving the car back, it seems to me that the idle is set a little on the low side (once at operating temp - around 500-600rpm) Sometimes it likes to hunt, other times it stalls out when coasting to a stop.

I have tried engaging the clutch at the very last second which doesn't seem to produce any solid results. The issue is so hit and miss I am finding it hard to diagnose. Some days it is sweet, others it stalls a few times. When turning the wheel trying to park it also sometimes stalls. It hates coasting to a stop in sport sharp more than sport.

Have gone over the usual vac/boost lines in the bay and all seem to have solid connections but can not confirm 100% without pressure/smoke testing them.

- Will resetting the ecu and doing a fuel re-learn net me any positive results as it was driven and run in by a different driver?

Any directions or advice is encouraged.

Cheers,

Shaun