Thread: The 300K Club
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2016, 09:50 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level
Default The 300K Club

So earlier this week my little beast (as it is affectionately known) ticked over the 300,000 km mark! This prompted me to start this thread to see how many other people out there are still rocking their pride and joy after so many kms.

It is a 99 GC8 wrx with its stock engine that hasn't been opened once!
The only mechanical changes to the engine being a TBE, lightened flywheel and resonator-ectomy (some suspension stuff as well but not relevant for this).
I am the second owner from new, and in the 7 years in my ownership it has seen ~a dozen track days/skidpans, a visit to the drags, another dozen or so cruises, and many visits to gravel tracks around the place; and to this day (touch wood) hasn't skipped a beat!
I keep it regularly serviced and also exhibit a good degree of mechanical sympathy, but have not shied away from driving it hard on the track (1.9s launches at the drags as proof!).

Anyway, long story short, after over half a decade and ~200K km of driving, I still love my beast and it still delivers a smile to my face on nearly every drive (I wouldn't mind some more power though! ).
So fingers crossed it can last a few more kms yet

Tom