View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Until I get it apart I won't know for sure. Its the same cylinder as last time.

This kind of shit pisses me off though as I have taken every precaution for it not to happen. I've spent strong money buying the correct parts that are supposed to handle this level. I did have a theory about the valves just fatiguing but others have said that shouldnt be the case. I know someone with the exact same cam, valves and springs who regularly hits 8600rpm with 100hp more than I have and his has been together for years.

There's no coolant in the oil when I've drained the sump so that rules out quite a few things. The difference between last time and this is that last time the failure occured at idle. This time it was high revs and full boost.

This engine has done over 18000 miles on it so if it was a build issue it should have showed its ugly head long before now. There was no warning signs, no new noises, the car ran fine. It also used very little oil for a forged 2.5. Oil pressure was always good.

So I just don't know whats happened. I'm hoping the block has escaped damage but Im fearing the worst on this one. Will hopefully find out tomorrow.

I'll post my findings. If the block is damaged Ive decided to do a closed deck stroked EJ22T build (2.35)