View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLeggy View Post
Seen this a long time ago, the SLA battery he's using as backup weighs a lot more than a lithium battery, and the price of the super caps is more than a battery costs.....so i don't know what the point to doing this is !

...Apart from the fact also that in a lot of cars the battery is used a regulator to the charging system(so needs to be there) and the SLA hes using now is in no way rated to handle some charging conditions etc.
[QUOTE=Bram;853765]This is the battery i put in my car. You can see the sort of wieght savings that are possible.

Yeah I was curious about this for the maintenance factor ie, not having to replace a battery every 2-3 years would be nice.

Bram do you think your lithium battery set up would work with a car like my betty that only gets driven twice a week?

I already use an agm type jet ski battery that requires trickle charging all the time to keep it strong, so I have no problem with doing the same on the next battery if it is smaller and lighter like your lithium jobbie.

Cheers fellas.