Thread: My05 sti
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 08:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Nice power output too. Lane is a great tuner. He tuned my car after another workshop in Malaga gave me a shemozzle of a tune that would struggle to idle.

Really nice power output! How's it feel when off boost?
Wasn't Lane that tuned it...

Guy by the name of Mike from WA Racing Developments, he has a workshop just up the road. From what he told me, Race Torque only deal with Motec, Autronic and ECUTEK tuning. He get's all their Link and Vipec work and in exchange can use the AWD dyno.

Very pleased with the tune and service he provided, would definitely recommend him to anyone running a Link/Vipec.

Lane has tuned my mates V5 STI - running an Autronic and it's an absolute rocket.

Thanks Matt, certainly a lot quicker than the previous iteration. Certainly good fun with a heavy right foot!

Off boost it's still very drive-able, no shudders or hesitation at all. Cold start on e85 is fantastic, first crank even when it hasn't been started in a week. Will be keen to see how it goes in the middle of winter.

I've bought the 7cm housing - this will be fitted and re-tuned to suit.

This is mainly for street manners on 98 and better response. When I purchased the turbo it was dedicated e85, but with flex the 7cm is better combo.

Will post an updated chart in the coming weeks

Last edited by Brett Allan; 17-02-2019 at 08:08 PM.