View Single Post
Old 20-11-2006, 01:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

NIX WRX at standard level
Default Suggestions for TBE for MY03 WRX

Hello helpful fellow WRX drivers

Well, the modding is slowly beginning, and the gathering of parts has begun. On the shopping list I have a TBE, though I'm a bit in the dark about the benefits of one TBE versus another. I was hoping to hear a bit from you guys about what your experiences have been, and any lessons you've learned along the way.

What I'm looking to get overall from the power side of these mods is a very streetable set-up, with a focus on being quick (i.e. good low-down torque, minimal lag, quick off the line), rather than fast (i.e. I don't feel like I need to break any dyno records or push for low-12s).

Specifically from a TBE, the usual specs apply (304 stainless, mandrel bent, 3" diameter throughout for the most part), and I'm looking for a good quality system with a nice "sporty" note but one that is more on the subdued-sounding side, without any droning. Twin outlets (looking like stock) would be good too. It looks like a dump pipe with a splitter built into it would be a go as well (I plan on sticking with the TD04 BTW).

I've seen RMS offer their own system for $1750, "drive in / drive out". I guess maybe that's my reference point here?

This car is my daily driver and I plan on keeping her for as long as I can, so again - the focus is on quality here, and a bit on practicality too (no cannon mufflers, please!).

So.... any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Nik