Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Apexi Power FC Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level
Default Z32 AFM - Logged temperature stays on 175

I have been learning the basics of tuning & I have been going over some of my logs from the Datalogit. I have noticed that the air temp from the AFM (I'm presuming) is showing a constant 175. This does not vary at all, on either night or day ambient temperatures or under different loads.

Has anyone got any experience with this?

Simon.
Old 25-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

There's no air temp sensor on Wrx's afaik & only v5/v6 Sti have them by default ( even then it's an external sensor fitted on the inlet piece leading to the in guard resonator).

You see '175' because the pfc defaults to this with no sensor present (open circuit).

Can you see Inj v AirT & boost in settings 3 or Inj v AirT in settings 4 in fc edit or are they greyed out?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 25-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Hey Rossco,

Glad you responded mate. I don't have access to the ECU / Datalogit at the moment. But from memory I have the ability to adjust the injector V's air temp, although the current values are all set to zero I think. Also all the Ignition V's air temp are also at zero. I am not sure about the injector adjustments, but I am pretty sure I can retard the timing due to air temp.

I guess this is why I was asking the question, if the air temp reads 175 all the time (from a non existent input from what you are saying), it seems strange I have the function to adjust the settings?

As mentioned above, the settings that I can remember are either at 0 for thr IGN V's Temp or the injector Vs air temp boost, may all be set to 1.00... I cant really remember to be honest. So this takes the temperature out of the equation right?

I just wanted to make sure I did not have a bung MAF really. Or a MAF that was only partially working as thins is the only place I know of where my car could pick up an air inlet temp reading.

Simon.
Old 25-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Leave everything as per they're defaults.

I have mine set to pull a few psi of boost with temps over 50C at the intake (it gets up to 65c sitting in peak hour on the freeway on a really hot day).

You may be able to find the pin outs for the early JDM Sti's, I believe some may have had an external iat sensor.

As far as gains go.....there aren't any, it may make the tune a little safer on really hot days but you shouldn't be running it on the ragged edge anyhow.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 25-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Completely agree mate.

I was hoping to pull a bit of timing out if it got too hot. Obviously this is not an option. Leave it as it is sounds like the best option.

Thanks mate

Simon.

Tags
175, afm, logged, stays, temperature, z32