Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Autoglym
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Autoglym at standard level
Default Chrome polishing with Super Resin Polish

As your vehicle is exposed to the environment, modern chrome plated plastic components can get weathered down, fade and look dull. With the use of Autoglym Super Resin Polish it can help remove oxidation and discolouration to bring back a high gloss shine (for chromed metal and heavily tarnished plastics components (apply carefully), use Autogylm Metal Polish).

(Do not use Metal Polish on modern chromed plastics, lacquered alloy wheels, mirror finished metals or chrome plate in new condition as these surfaces are softer. Use Super Resin Polish on these surfaces instead.)

To begin, give the cool and dry affected area a thorough wash with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner to remove any contaminants which may cause scratches when you are buffing.

Once your vehicle has dried, shake Super Resin Polish well and apply the polish onto a Polish Applicator Pad or microfibre polishing cloth. Apply in a light circular motion to work the polish in. Finish polishing in a straight line to ensure even coverage (increase polishing pressure if there is excessive hazing or scratches).

Finally, buff with a clean cloth to a high gloss shine with a Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth. As Super Resin Polish is both a polish and sealant, there is no need to apply wax after buffing.

Follow us

Autoglym Australia Website
Autoglym Australia Facebook
Autoglym Australia YouTube Channel

We are here to help you

If you require car care advice or you're unsure on which Autoglym product to use for a specific task, please leave a comment below or head to Autoglym Australia for more information.
Old 15-09-2016, 04:00 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

2DIE at standard level

The Super Resin Polish also works good on cloudy headlights.

I was using Super Resin Polish once a month to restore my cloudy headlights, after about that time it starts to come back again so I ended up doing it once again month to keep on top of it.

I recently bought a bottle of Kitten Lens Restorer wich is just a liquid in a bottle to be used to polish the headlights with a soft cloth, it says it has UV stabilisers in it to prolong the need to repeat applications but I've used it twice now and the cloudiness retunes in and out half the time as it does with SRP.

I'll look at something more permanent oneday but for now it's just back to Super Resin Polish for me.
Old 16-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Autoglym at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DIE View Post
The Super Resin Polish also works good on cloudy headlights.

I was using Super Resin Polish once a month to restore my cloudy headlights, after about that time it starts to come back again so I ended up doing it once again month to keep on top of it.

I recently bought a bottle of Kitten Lens Restorer wich is just a liquid in a bottle to be used to polish the headlights with a soft cloth, it says it has UV stabilisers in it to prolong the need to repeat applications but I've used it twice now and the cloudiness retunes in and out half the time as it does with SRP.

I'll look at something more permanent oneday but for now it's just back to Super Resin Polish for me.
While Super Resin Polish does help polish and fill in minor scratches on your paintwork, (depending on the level of cloudiness) ideally you want to get a headlight restore kit that contain very fine sanding disk to remove the cloudiness which also comes with a protection sealant.

Unfortunately we don't stock the Headlight Restoration kit in Australia, but it is worth looking into.

Also, after using Super Resin Polish You maybe able to add a wax coating on the restored headlights to keep them from oxidisation or another trick is to add a 2 pack clear coat paint.

Let us know how you go!
Old 16-09-2016, 12:09 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

2DIE at standard level

There is a reasonably priced restoration kit I'll buy in the future but other things have priority at the moment, I don't mind the quick monthly routine for now. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Tags
chrome, polish, polishing, resin, super