Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Blogs > Master D
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

1. Old Comment

New Stoppers

Pics Are here...

After close to 500kms on the pads, they are quite good. initial bite isnt there as much as it used to be but once you apply some pressure the thing stops on its friggin nose.

Big Thanks To GSL Rallysport & My old man for letting me borrow the garage for the arvo!
  2. Old Comment

New Stoppers

Nice upgrade, that's got to make a big difference.
  3. Old Comment

New Stoppers

Its amazing how much you can save on the purchase price of items when it doesn't come with a Subaru logo on the box.

Also nice upgrades and pic's still aren't uploading
    Updated 07-10-2010 at 01:21 AM by mARC
  4. Old Comment

New Stoppers

I went the same combo on my piggy. Same opinion, night and day with OEM, just a heck of a lot cheaper.
  5. Old Comment

New Stoppers

Thanks Dave. Yeah yeah pics will come once I finish work.
  6. Old Comment

New Stoppers

good work mate, careful you dont brake yourself thru the windscreen now ! the pics aren't loading for me?
  7. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

***UPDATE***

So the tuning arvo was a heap of fun. The tyres are awesome.
    I had a great time on the friday. So bad news i have well and truely cooked the front rotors. After some hot laps around the big circuit they got really hot - eg rotors were blue hot. So Its time for some new rotors and some better pads. Oh yeah and just for giggles i stripped the back of the car out just to see what bigger/smaller difference it made. I think it definatly helped things not having all the extras in the back but fun anyways.
  8. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

Ok So Quick Update...

Not a Whole Lot Has Changed.

Car Had a Service today - all is well. Slight Coolant & Oil Leak From LH Bank Head gasket. Cheers To Dougie @ S-Technic For Looking after me.

New Tyres are on their way courtesy of wheels world. 4 New Yokohama S-Drives will be fitted next friday morning just before the tuning arvo.
  9. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

pretty much. unfortunatly the sti will be on hold for a while.
    i need somewhere to live thats not my parents house lol.

i thinking once i get a home sorted i will start thinking about a new car or project toy car.
    as in a few years time mine wouldn't be worth selling and hey, who likes a good project car.
  10. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

Regarding not getting the right rates from the bank and having to get back into your RS, just means it gives you more time to hone your skills till you're ready for some STil'n
  11. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

Nope Impreza - 2.5L In stead of the 2L
  12. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

Good to see you are enjoying the car & not rushing into things, silly question but isn't it an RX? Or is that just the Liberty upgrade.
  13. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

cheers jamie. yeah, i made the mistake of taking a couple of sti's for test drives a month back.
    VERY ADDICTIVE!
    so needless to say im hooked. its the first car ive driven that's properly impressed me...

about a year back i was looking into XR6 Turbos.. took a couple for a drive. they were quick but didn't have the "in the pants" kinda feeling i was hoping for.
    after 1 drive of an 02/03 sti, i found what i was looking for.
    unfortunatly i couldnt justify the money asked and the bank was hitting me with a stupid interest rate so i jumped back in the rs and drove away. not quite as fast but hey im still enjoying the abilities of the car.
    ah well.
  14. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

Nice write up Dave, getting out there and giving it a crack is the ultimate reward of owning these cars. Keep at it. when you get around to upgrading, you'll be STimulating the senses even more
  15. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

yeah man. its still good fun. its due a set of tyres so im getting a set of yoko s drives for it then probs next year once i get some direction on a couple of things ill investigate an sti.
    in the mean time im just enjoying major lack of km's im puttin on it. just ticked over 4k so for the year
  16. Old Comment

The Story So Far.....

if you are keeping up with STI's thru the twisties then they aren't driving hard enough!! :P

Serious hat time... Nice work Dave. I loved my 06 NA when I had it... it was still all the joys of owning a subaru without the boost and the higher insurance premiums.

I know you'll get into an STI soon enough.. Look forward to hearing about it.
  17. Old Comment

My Trusty Steed

My advice?

Don't waste your money.. its not a WRX and never will be, and as fun as you might think it is, spending any more on it than general maintenance and repairs is truly flushing your money down the shitter.

Get that WRX and enjoy double the power, stock.
  18. Old Comment

My Trusty Steed

moar pics

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!