Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Rant......... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/27911-rant.html)

Fozzy 18-07-2009 11:12 AM

Honestly who signs up for something without reading it and understanding it.. Its clearly explained how it works unless you are a muppet.

Worked fine when I signed up never got another call but I no longer have a landline anyway so it doesn't matter for me.

scoobygez 18-07-2009 11:14 AM

Well hopefully it will work fine for me....

mARC 18-07-2009 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=scoobygez;378151]Are you seriously this cheeky?? i read the "who can call" and it read like no one can..sorry if my intelligence level aint as high as yours we all cant be gods:mad:[/QUOTE]

Im with ya mate, these guys have no gaul when they call up, I had some guy call up from India saying he was an autherised Telstra representative.

I called his bluff and just started abusing him, my question is why dont these fucker give me their number when I ask....

As mentioned above the best is to get a silent number, as these marketing companies either purchase the numbers from out government or just cold call from phone books.

To answer your question if you add your number to that government site it will remove your number from the lists they sell, but unfortunately you will still be listed in the phone book, so it doesnt mean much :rolleyes:

scoobygez 18-07-2009 11:17 AM

lol cheers marc yeah they have been pissing me right off, my number in the uk was ex directory so never got these pratts ringing :)

Hopefully they wont call now..

WRXTASY 18-07-2009 11:29 AM

Just order the number 42 Butter Chicken with Kashmiri rice whenever an Indian tries to sell you something. In fact insist on it!!!

Seriously once you number is listed on the do not call register anyone that rings up and tries to sell you something is now breaking the law. Charities and phone survey people are the only companies then allowed to cold call you. Conversation goes like this....

"Are you aware my number is listed on the governments Do Not Call Register ?"

"Ah um, long pause... No Sir"
"Can I ask what company you are working for ?"

Phone line goes dead usually after that.

scoobygez 18-07-2009 11:38 AM

lol that should be fun!!

Doyle 18-07-2009 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Fozzy;378148]Are you honestly this dumb?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=scoobygez;378151]Are you seriously this cheeky?? i read the "who can call" and it read like no one can..sorry if my intelligence level aint as high as yours we all cant be gods:mad:[/QUOTE]

Are you honestly this dumb?.......

I dunno, have a look at the bov thread :P

gumby 18-07-2009 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=WRXTASY;378161]Just order the number 42 Butter Chicken with Kashmiri rice whenever an Indian tries to sell you something. In fact insist on it!!!

Seriously once you number is listed on the do not call register anyone that rings up and tries to sell you something is now breaking the law. Charities and phone survey people are the only companies then allowed to cold call you. Conversation goes like this....

"Are you aware my number is listed on the governments Do Not Call Register ?"

"Ah um, long pause... No Sir"
"Can I ask what company you are working for ?"

Phone line goes dead usually after that.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=scoobygez;378162]lol that should be fun!![/QUOTE]

lol yeah its always fun to mess with them if your in the mood. :p

Pimpreza 18-07-2009 01:31 PM

I'm on the call register, stopped all the local arseholes like modern roofing, pest control companies etc but still get charities & fucking curry munchers, say no to the charity ones and act really interested with the Mumbai mennaces then about a minute or so into the call I tell them there is someone at the door and ask if they can wait a minute..........then just go back to watching telly & let them wait....and wait....and wait

gumby 18-07-2009 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=Pimpreza;378186]I'm on the call register, stopped all the local arseholes like modern roofing, pest control companies etc but still get charities & fucking curry munchers, say no to the charity ones and act really interested with the Mumbai mennaces then about a minute or so into the call I tell them there is someone at the door and ask if they can wait a minute..........then just go back to watching telly & let them wait....and wait....and wait[/QUOTE]

lol....how long do they wait?