Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   What has happened to P-WRX? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/40195-what-has-happened-p-wrx.html)

RichX 12-02-2011 07:19 PM

In terms of how the forums have changed .. Forum Supporters are only the long timers, none of the 'newbies'. In order to continue the Forum Supporter stuff .. newbs need to feel welcome.

mARC 12-02-2011 07:19 PM

I'm all for using proper english and grammar it makes someones help request and post that much easier to read.

Regarding searching before posting I think the flaming is well justified in some cases as when I was at uni/started working in Accounting lecturers/Directors always had the same philosophy 'I don't mind if you ask me a question but at least prove to me that you've done some research or at least attempted to come to a viable answer', I also think the same approach is used here.

The flaming here and reading of others being flamed has led me to do my own searching and added resources to my knowledge base, which in-turn has enabled me to better phrase my questions.

With a little thought put into some of the diagnosis threads started as well as proper use of sentence structures and spelling I can guarantee they'll go over a lot better and easier for the more technically minded.

[QUOTE=trainwrex;535687]there is really no point saying search or putting in gay images unless you post where to find something..[/QUOTE]

I'd post some gay images for you but I'm sure you've got enough :D

BoxorBeast 12-02-2011 07:32 PM

lol @ tags

Tommosaurus 12-02-2011 07:49 PM

In the real world, if you're an annoying cock and talk bollocks all day long, you will get told to piss off.

Can you imagine if some pimple faced punk came up to you and your mates and started spouting shit about how cool he is, and how his car is fully hektic?
You'd tell him to fuck right off.

So I don't see why the internet would be any different.

The verbal abuse maybe slightly more harsh, but that is only because the internet lacks the ability to throw things.

monkeee 12-02-2011 07:56 PM

I am not for senseless bagging/flaming towards other members but I do agree with the use of correct grammar, it just makes life a little easier by putting everyone on the same page.

Personally this club as a resource and a way of meeting other scooby owners has been just great to me in the 3 years of having my car. Many of the more experienced members are more than happy to help (and I do feel I have been annoying at times towards some of them :o)

Keeping my mouth shut about things I do not know and listening to the advice of those who have been there and done that also helps :D

One last thing...Perth-WRX should NOT be used as a sole source of knowledge (you are lazy if you do that).

Spare a thought for the boys who had to modify their scoobs before perth-wrx and before the almighty google :p
A quick call to a reputed workshop will answer most if not all the questions you have should the internet not help you.

BOMB3R 12-02-2011 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;535694]Oh hell yeah! I've now been reminded me of Jaron's original FMIC...

Wonder where those pics went :D[/QUOTE]

Haha there is still plenty on the forum if you know where to look :) I was an impatient guinea 'pig'.

[REXPLOIT] 12-02-2011 09:13 PM

Having met Jamie, Ramon and the older salts in 2002/03, and having watched this incarnation of the website grow since 05 or whenever it was, (old account didnt lodge over... sigh), most of it is business as usual. :)

Ask a stupid question....................................... as society says.

I think, (barring the festivities of Absolute-Shennanigans), that most people get the idea.

Saying OMGWTFBBQRIBS I juzz got a GC8... Can I put a fully hectic 3" exhaust on it? Or, what power will I get out of going to a VF34?, doesnt need to be asked.

Yes, people will still do it, unfortunately, but even I have to tell myself, that was me once... long ago. And as someone pointed out, there is a select group of individuals, that will give up their knowledge, tools, time, expertise, beers, whatever, to help out a fellow member.

I think keep on, keeping on.

Brent.
:)

P.S - Who wants a Courier? :p :icon_flow

WRXRW 12-02-2011 09:27 PM

for the lifer's you have to realise this its not egroups, its not yahoogroups, its not the black forums its not even the V2 forums we remember. perthwrx is something else now and like in any long lasting relationships, for better or worse it is what it is.

i myself have been guilty of suffering from moments of i-rage from time to time but nothing that wont be forgotten in less than 24 hours and that's really the point. have a laugh, have a cry, move on!

i did enjoy vodka boy's 5 minutes in the spotlight, did make for a great friday morning's entertaiment!

trainwrex 12-02-2011 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=mARC;535696]I'm

I'd post some gay images for you but I'm sure you've got enough :D[/QUOTE]

I rekon some of u kunts are gonna come out soon enough... gay pics all stashed in your hard drive waiting for the moment that you can use them and oggle over them... :eek: :D :D

hahahahahhaha

johnvk7 12-02-2011 10:13 PM

I do think some of the long termer's or maybe more active members, sometimes make assumptions when it comes to newbies though. I've been a member for a few years, but only really active on here for the last 6 odd months. I was getting called a pimply faced little punk in my intro thread, I'm 32 years old!
I agree about txt talk, it has no place here, I think its a little insulting to those that do run this forum, at worst its just f***ing confusing.
Every one uses it when they are texting I'm sure, and the younger one's among us even use it in daily convo's, but it states quite clearly in the rules, that its not allowed.