Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 AM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff
Default What has happened to P-WRX?

What has happened to Perth WRX??

When did this community become filled with self riteous wankers who find the best way to make themselves feel better is to abuse and ridicule others?

Don't get me wrong those that know me are fully aware that taking the piss out of mates is one of my favourite pastimes - but of late there is a huge amount of threads that point out the shortfalls of others, bag out newbies etc unless as per usual it is a select group of individuals that seem to have "Taken over P-WRX".

Fuck me I just don't think that is it required to repeat "search is your friend" 50 times in every newbies thread.

If you don't like answering dumb questions then don't open the thread.

My post count is not huge, but look at the join date (and that is the date I joined here) I was on Yahoo egroups, I was a founding commity member of AFARCC - way way way before most of you had cars ie before IWRXOC, before P-WRX, hell when alot of guys on here started playing with cars the WRX was a mythical car that you caught a glimpse of once in a while and at rally's, I have owned turbo subaru's since before some of you were old enough to wipe your own ass.

Just because people don't have a wank thread, a post count bigger than most email inboxes and don't felate whoever is the latest "in" person does not mean they do not have anything to contribute, this goes for newbies as well - keep in mind the vast majority of you have asked plenty of very dumb questions over time.

And finally to a number of moderators who feel the need to wave the "Ban Stick" inssesently - do you not hold any type of managerial experience?? I think you don't because this appears to be the only power you have and you like to use it at every opourtunity.

Anyway that is my rant - I would be interested in others opinions.

Disclaimer - this thread is for discussion, In no way do I condone the use of this thread to turn P-WRX into a nanny state non piss taking homosexual group hug with puppies - just food for thought

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

stereotypes are always going provoke a response,

if a kid has attrocious grammar, makes wild claims or openly ignores/rejects advice, then inevitibly they were never going to hang around.

Long live the WRC
Old 12-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

gc8 WRXs are getting cheaper and cheaper and are being purchased by younger people. As a result we get more and more immature little douchebags.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

tl;dr
Old 12-02-2011, 09:51 AM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

I'm guilty of berating people from time to time, I don't appologise for calling a spade a spade though.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 12-02-2011, 09:57 AM

RichX knows their stuff

Hah @ tagz.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Problem is it is the internet. People can hide behind a keyboard and have whatever act they want. Actually have real life meetups and most people who contribute are decent normal people.

Who are the mods 'waving the banstick'? Very few people get banned and it's normally people who come on to just use the forum to hock their shit. Everyone's been posting up that I'm waving the banstick, yet I've only banned 1 person for not following the for sale rules after multiple warnings.

I do agree with the heroes who have to repeat the same thing 'search ffs' etc is bloody annoying.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

John there are a few over zealos people on here at times - maybe they are not mods I didn't bother to check, just an observation over recent history.

I would hate to be a newbie on this site, you get slammed for asking any questions and treated like you know 2 bits of fuckall.

Way back when this site was for sharing info and having a community that was not as regimented as being in a "car club", having a bit of a laugh - you are probably right it's just the way the internet is - more about beating your own drum than being part of something.

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

100% in agreeance with you scary

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

The only reason most of them are picked on is bcoz thay tlk lyk dis nd r a gnerl payn in d arss. Most ask really really stupid questions too, kids of that age & knowledge of what the internet is should know about searching google at a bare minimum.
Closed Thread

Tags
happened, i read this thread & all i got was a lousy tshirt, nothing about tino . . . yet, pwrx, sandy vaginas, shane's a softcock, the game