Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

I say we have a PWRX meet and all have a big group hug...

Then belt the shit out of each other!!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:00 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

mark1 at standard level

This forum is one of the tamest and generally level headed forums I've ever browsed. Like PIGSTi said it is a community and the people who have been here the longest are going to be mates. Joining a forum and expecting to be best buds with everyone is like going to a pub and sitting at a random table of people expecting to be accepted straight away. But if you put in the time and contribute to the forum or the table at the pub than eventualy you should be accepted. The few people I have spoken to off the forums in real life have all been friendly and helpfull. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I got flamed when I was a n00b, told to search and given a hard time... fuck I still get a hard time from the guys who have been around longer than me. Altho, as I see it, myself, Jaron, Dave, Stace, John and the other 'nazi's' you are pointing the finger at, contribute more to this forum than the average user, and we have been around for a long time. Merchandise, track days, general knowledge, help with engine builds and spend a lot of our own time doing these things.

I get your point Scary, and it might be valid, but you will notice something. There are poeple who come and go, Wai, Polar, Ray Ray, etc yet you'll notice it's the same core group who stick around.

Plus, we pay to use this forum, so we should be able to have it the way we like it. As do you, so hence you get your opinion out there, and it creates discussion. Things might change, they might not...
Old 12-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi View Post
Oh and as far as the text talk goes (not having a go at your post Karina), the day that becomes acceptable is the day I will log off for good. There is a written English language for a reason.
YES!

Seriously disturbing when high school teachers accept it, even in the exams.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:13 PM

Master D knows their stuff

I tend to agree with scary but also find p wrx to be ever evolving with people as they come and go.

I personally have used the forum as hub to meet the people behind said keyboards and have found alot of the guys/girls ive met are awesome people.

For N00bs - as i once was - asked a question then was flamed into oblivion. I promptly found the search function.

I generally find most of the shit that people talk on here i take with a grain of salt. Big woop someone said your a f wit or whatever. Grow a pair and get over it.

Keyboard warriors shit me, but i find laughing it off and not feeding the shitstorm that brews from it is an easy solution.

Mods - they have their place on this forum. I dont agree or disagree with what they do / dont act upon. As i see it, they act like the big brother/barney of the forums.
Cool yet impartial. If they see a noob is clearly copping a flaming for no REAL reason, then step in and act on said group and get them back in line. Same if its the other way round. Shoot the offending person a pm, tell them what they are doing isnt approapriate, pull their heads in or be banned.

I mean really it is the internet and it is serious business but the way i see it. If i see something i dont like or whatever. I hit back or log off.

Life goes on - dak dakks still rock and if some two bit keyboard warrior wants to flex said muscles then mods need to act accordingly wether the post count is 1 or 4,000.

We are all on here for the same reason. Lets not over look this.

Dave.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

karina2009 is unrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
This will not change and I don't think it should, it is fun and it separates the men from the boys (sorry Karina).
aha i'd be worried if I took offence to that
Old 12-02-2011, 06:01 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

I've only been here 18 months and I still consider myself a newbie but I enjoy the interaction that the P-WRX community has provided in that time. My introduction really came about at the recently demised "Hydie" lunches where the likes of American Dave, Jimmy S, you Scary and Ramon (as examples) gave me a brief and intense realisation that I knew nothing about my car in reality. Since then I've done everything I can to change that , by searching, and reading and following some of the "wank threads". The reason for my thread is I hope that it helps someone in the same way Dave's thread helped me with mods decisions.

I found that the more I became involved the more and more that the community has rallied behind the cause. The help from members can be extraordinary when needed whether it be advice, support when an engine fails on a cruise, support when a member's car hits a tyre wall, parts needs, best prices, "what the F^$^ is that noise", etc.

I completely agree that on a medium that involves the English language it would be appropriate to post with at least an attempt to use English correctly. Hence, if it turns into "twitter" or SMS P-WRX then, like Jaron, I'll log out as well.

It did seem obvious to me our latest departed member wasn't going to last long. His first post was an attempt to sell - First Post. His follow up threads were a troll from almost beginning to end. His final thread speaks for itself. I honestly spent some time trying to work out why I got the honour of being an "owner of a family car". In the end I'll never know and don't care - although I had seen enough of said past member posts to know not to care.

I would have like to see how long he would have lasted at a Friday lunch if he had spoken to members as he did when in keyboard warrior forum mode - not very long I'm sure. Just as I'm sure if I had behaved like that - neither would have I.

One of my most vivid post memories was a stupid one about "beating speed cameras" and I got hammered - deserved it, sucked it up, took on the advice, and learnt from it. Seems to me that most new members seem to do the same - some don't.

I think P-WRX is an exceptional site with a dedicated group of members who will help anyone in need BUT as in most of Australia if you come in and straight away act like the tallest poppy of them all someone will come and cut you down.

Luckily, in the time that I have been here I have met people who I consider friends with common interests.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

bah its the internet FFS if you cant take shit by keyboard warriors if and when it happens to you in real like your going to off yourself...

IMO its all friendly banter,

but i do think people do take this searching blast a little too seriously.. if you dont want to contribute to a thread just dont say anything, the OP will wonder why no1 replies and then will eventually search to find the answer themselves. If they are smart enough they will update their own thread so that if it happens again the info is all there..

there is really no point saying search or putting in gay images unless you post where to find something..

rant off...

rant on..

fk you who put the tag about me... hahahahah Wheres my gun im coming for you..
Old 12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
Seriously disturbing when high school teachers accept it, even in the exams.
You know why?
You can get into University (I forget which one) to do Teaching (second round offer) with a raw (unscaled) average score of 46% for each of your TER subjects. I shit you not. Scary.

Anyhow, in regards to my experience on p-wrx; I don't really offer a great deal except for cheap/lame gags and piss-takes, the odd photo when I get a chance and some waffle in the Off Topic Discussions. I however quite enjoy reading about and watching people's projects come together (eg. Rossco's recent engine build). It gives me a chance to learn shit since I know two-fifths of fuck all mechanically.

In relation to spelling, grammar and sms speak... I am of the opinion that if you can't communicate properly on a forum - fuck off. I am an educator and spelling/grammar is something I hold as being extremely important, no matter the medium. While you may save three-poofteenths of a second typing, you're drastically increasing the read time for other people trying to decipher your drivel. Save it for your phone and friends.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Oh hell yeah! I've now been reminded me of Jaron's original FMIC...

Wonder where those pics went

Tags
happened, i read this thread & all i got was a lousy tshirt, nothing about tino . . . yet, pwrx, sandy vaginas, shane's a softcock, the game