Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-02-2011, 02:37 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Shaun at standard level

I am a newbie, I was a mechanic for twelve years this included time tuning with Kostecki, Even I've asked dumb questions with only a slight ball busting about the search tab, but most of the time it seems to be the same members in question that are happy to help, so I do understand when they see the same question come up over and over.

As for text talk, this shouldn't be aloud, it pisses me when my wife does it let alone every one else.
Old 13-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
this shouldn't be aloud
*allowed

LOL
Old 13-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

You have to remember most of these people getting flamed for not searching are the "What turbo should I get" or other basic questions asked a billion times. The other ones that don't come up that often, and I've had a few, others are happy to rehash info or point me to the right place without flaming.

Hate to single anyone out but sic-em-wrx came on here with all the text speak & not making any sense, copped a flame or 2...now look at him...http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/40184-dayco-timing-belt-kit.html ...I'm proud of the boy.
Old 13-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

p1nKcL0cK at standard level

thanks scary for starting this thread.

i am new and noticed this when i joined. having said that i learnt very fast that there was a search tool. but i do agree that you dont have to say it "50 times".

The few times i met some of you guys i thought you were all nice people to hang around. (not my initial impression when i read some posts) and i enjoyed myself, definitely planning for more.

lastly there's always 2 ways of saying the same thing...
Old 13-02-2011, 10:32 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Shaun at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
*allowed

LOL
I was hell drunk when I posted this, took me an hour to type it on the iPhone.
Old 13-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

I think half the problem with the repeated warnings about using search is that the search tool is actually pretty shit!! Sometimes I've searched for a particular thread that I've looked at previously and it doesn't even come up in the search results. So I can see how some newbies start their own thread sometimes.

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 13-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

I have an opinion, but think the topic has been well covered now over the last 5 pages, and I can't be arsed typing out a lengthy response.

I have been here several years now, and dont recall ever getting flamed.

Rather than rant on here, lets all go for a drive...
Old 13-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

I can see how the "search" comment is used a bit. I see how people starting new threads can be annoying if topic has been covered a million times.

How ever sometimes people need a break, I have noticed this forum hides a lot of threads once they get to a certain age. Though are visable in a search. If your new and didnt know this, you might not see any info on what your after.

The other thing is, just becuase there has been threads on a topic doesnt mean they have answered your question 100%.

Plus it doesn't hurt sometimes to start fresh on an old topic get new up to date information etc.

As far as forum changing, well can't say I have noticed a great deal, other than a lot more unknown user names and people I dont know, though I just tend to over look
any topics that dont take my interest. If there is a same old thread I have seen a million times I dont even click it, thats how easy it is to ignore it.
Doesnt insterest me to jump in there and tell them to search, though granted sometimes it is needed

Just my 2 Cents.
Old 13-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Good thread. I'm pretty new to this site, but not a stranger to other forums and I broke all the rules myself when I joined. I think you can't make people read the rules before posting regardless.. it's like installing software and forgetting to un-check the bit that installs 3rd party shit on your PC..

I do however think we should be a bit nicer to newbies and instead just send them a polite PM reminding them of 1) The search function and 2) not to use txt speak and 3) don't brag about breaking the law..

That would probably offend less.
Old 13-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

I'm with scary on this one.

I'm on a few forums and none of them are as full of arrogant cockheads as this one. I've even had mates jump on for a look when I've told them about some of the pathetic crap that gets carried on about on here and they are shocked at how childish many of the pwrx long term members are.

Talking to lots of ppl in the car scene all over australia and pwrx is well known as forum whose loudest members are a mob of full of themselves keyboard warriors... I have on the rare occasion suggested that maybe some of them are not that bad in person but its generally met with a laugh and I tend to agree with the comment that why would you bother wanting to meet in person ppl that carry on like such tossers online.

There are no stupid questions only stupid answers... ever hear that one?

I hit up the forum occasionally to look for info that someone with some brains has posted up or to look for parts when i need them or to see if things have improved but as of yet nothing new. So i just catch up with a few of the normal ppl I've meet on here thru other forums and leave the rest to there petty in-breeding, sorry i ment to say in-fighting.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.
Closed Thread

Tags
happened, i read this thread & all i got was a lousy tshirt, nothing about tino . . . yet, pwrx, sandy vaginas, shane's a softcock, the game