Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pablo668 at standard level

Well I'm not sure exactly how bad it may be compared to how it was, but it can be daunting to post in here for a Newb, such as myself.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

lad at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo668 View Post
Well I'm not sure exactly how bad it may be compared to how it was, but it can be daunting to post in here for a Newb, such as myself.
For Christ's sake it's spelt "newbie." Ban him...ban him now!!!!

Old 12-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

karina2009 is unrated

copped my fair share but end of the day like u said, keyboard warriors...
the ones you do get a response out of in the end is what you should take notice of and ignore the rest of the crap.
but true eg: sms talk... its the fkn internet, get with the times.. if ftw is acceptable the so is u and tru etc etc
Old 12-02-2011, 02:32 PM
STI Master

MattuZ at standard level
Send a message via MSN to MattuZ

internet, serious business.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pablo668 at standard level

Ha ha, seriously though, If you want your forum to grow, or at least not stagnate too much, you gotta be kind to your newbies.
Of course there's always gonna be exceptions (cough! yesterdays effort cough!)
Old 12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattuZ View Post
internet, serious business.

Fuck yearrrrrrrrrh. Uncle Chop Chop. Went to the live show, best thing ive ever seen. "*Sniff* Smells like deadshit.."
Old 12-02-2011, 02:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

haydn_wolf at standard level

I agree with most of what you are saying/ getting at Scary. Being a newbie or let alone a girl you will cop it badly for asking the same sort of questions. I believe that's how it will just be, times are constantly changing and for little things like literacy I believe that just reflects the upcoming generation.

From meeting at lot of members through work and friday lunches they aren't at all what you have described and each have their own legitimate input/advice which certainly helps for the some not as mechanically minded folk.

But saying that some people do take it a little to far.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I must agree, in the past 18 months the forums have taken a turn. I wouldn't say for the worst but it definitely isn't the same old forums of yesteryear.

I must say as far as I can remember (I think 2004/5 when I joined) you were berated for being a newbie. It was almost some kind of initiation. This will not change and I don't think it should, it is fun and it separates the men from the boys (sorry Karina).

P.S John, get some real life management skills you ban stick wielding nazi!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
P.S John, get some real life management skills you ban stick wielding nazi!
Lol... I couldn't manage my way out of a wet paper bag.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

I can't see that the forums have changed at all in my 5 years on the forums. Jesus when I first logged on I got flamed harder that 99% of the people on here I guarantee and not just for my intro or for my vampire fmic (well that was a major flaming)...........It will always be a part of the forums and those that can keep their cool and take advice will always have a place in P-WRX.

The only thing that's changed is the traffic the forum gets, from memory when I joined in 06 the average users online at any 1 time would be 20/30, now it's consistently 50/60 and I bet double the amount of logins as well. That is always going to bring with it a certain element of different people and people who just won't fit in.

If kids or new members are going to log on and start throwing accusations around and abuse long term members or any member for that matter who contribute to the everyday forum then I don't see an issue with seeing them get an absolute (no pun intended) flaming and eventually getting banned.

If you go into the introductions section have a look at how many intro's there are and how many actually get flamed or abused there really isn't that many.

As far as the dumb questions go and the same threads over and over, I think if the information has been covered before and the new member hasn't bothered to search then it should be pointed out to them they should search first after all it is the correct etiquette on a forum is it not? Personally I click the new posts button at work on an average day probably once every 3 minutes if not more when I am at my desk and it's good to see new threads with new information rather than a new thread with the same old question.

As far as members post counts and the so called in crowd, you have to remember that P-WRX is not just a car forum it's a community and the active members who are friends and socialize as part of Perth WRX are going to have higher than average post counts because they interact highly in each others threads whether it be a relevant post or not. A few members can be too quick to judge and I am one of them, occasionally you get it wrong but this is the internet and you can only read and interpret what is written in your own way and occasionally people will get it wrong.

Oh and as far as the text talk goes (not having a go at your post Karina), the day that becomes acceptable is the day I will log off for good. There is a written English language for a reason.

Although I disagree with most of what you said I think you started a great thread!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Closed Thread

Tags
happened, i read this thread & all i got was a lousy tshirt, nothing about tino . . . yet, pwrx, sandy vaginas, shane's a softcock, the game