Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamWRC View Post
Regarding?
Working in the wonderful world of cars and doing 50 times the amount of work that should be expected given monetary contributions.

Plus, I heard he likes getting PM's.

<3 u Ross
Old 10-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MY99GT at standard level

Its no different anywhere in this industry mate.. you either get over it or go work somewhere else. Having said that, it was the same when i was working on the Haulage industry too.. so you might just have to suck it up.
We will remember them.

Lest we forget .
Old 10-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Philbo

Dealerships.....aka Stealerships
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Lol, welcome to life you whinging cunts.

So much easier to be a victim than be pro active and take it by the horns and make something out of it.

Nothing like a 'us versus them' employee. Get used to that smell of shit cos it rolls down to the bottom of the heap where you'll be hanging out.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Being told I have to help the service department out in the mornings for the next couple of weeks, when I actually work in parts. Fuck the service department. They never do anything to help us out. Been here two years and I get treated like I'm an apprentice. They made me do this about 18 months ago just after I started, so why can't they get the new guy to do it. I have no say in it whatsover and I get nothing out of it.

Not to mention they still haven't given me the payrise they promised me when I took the new position over two months ago. Cunts.
You were offered a better job/working environment but declined an interview, (that I put you forward for it too) so stop your incessant bitching.......

A few things you need to learn:

Your service department is your biggest customer at any dealership.

Re-read that ^^

You need to learn EVERYTHING about dealership operations, parts, service, aftercare etc. if you want to get anywhere above the parts shit kicker level.

You need to be flexible & multi-skilled, you should be able to slot into someone else's role if needed (i.e back counter, stores, stock control, dispatch,warranty, aftercare etc) and be proficient enough in the role so the business can continue to sell the parts that pay your wage...... It's not just about panel quotes & answering phones.

You will be expected to work late, miss lunch, unpack stock orders, put stock away, run the back counter etc........ SOMETIMES.....It's all part of it, don't try to tell me you are always under the pump.....

You are part of a team...There's no 'I' in team, but plenty in your rant.

I pre-pick the next days service Ro's every afternoon....No biggie, it's not 'my job' but it sure does makes my life easier tomorrow....No tech's waiting for service parts = better productivity all round.

And it's all about productivity.

If you're inflexible then you are going to snooker yourself.

Take it from someone with around 20 years industry experience, at 2 years in you are still 'green', you'll be treated like an apprentice because essentially you are.....Rome wasn't built in a day mate - Experience is accrued over time.

P.s Phizzle: I love Pm's
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 10-08-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

For a half day job, some big local hoist company has not finished installing my hoists since last Tuesday, rendering us helpless with only the hydraulic jack and jack stands to work with.

What's more, the guy was working on it for half a day and did not return after lunch to complete the job. Tried calling the office and left a few messages but no return call.

WTF!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
For a half day job, some big local hoist company has not finished installing my hoists since last Tuesday, rendering us helpless with only the hydraulic jack and jack stands to work with.

What's more, the guy was working on it for half a day and did not return after lunch to complete the job. Tried calling the office and left a few messages but no return call.

WTF!

Welcome to Perth WA Mao

You'll get used to this sort of service!!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
.......What's more, the guy was working on it for half a day and did not return after lunch to complete the job. Tried calling the office and left a few messages but no return call.

WTF!
Advance by any chance? They fucked us around deluxe too. Installers looked like they were just out of jail, left their rubbish including lunch on the floor and smoked in my shop. Dumbass had a stack leveling shims under both sides of the post instead of removing them from the high side just kept adding more to the low side????
Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Lol you got me.

I like letting shit out, this thread is the perfect place, but then again it seems to piss people off so maybe I'll stop posting from now on.

Yeah but the service department is completely different, which I have no interest in. They never help us out so why should I help them out. My manager could of asked all of us, does anyone want to help out? Instead he just tells me, and I find that to be a bit unfair considering my job is PARTS, not service. Nowhere in my contract does it say they can move me to a different department.

And I can't just say no I'm not doing it, as I'd be pissing off both parts and service managers, and no doubt the general manager would hear about it as well.
Pfft, you won't go anywhere with an attitude like that.
If you hate your job so much, then quit, find a new job. I am sure there are plenty of the people out there who need work and are looking, who will be willing to help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
A few things you need to learn:

Your service department is your biggest customer at any dealership.

Re-read that ^^

You need to learn EVERYTHING about dealership operations, parts, service, aftercare etc. if you want to get anywhere above the parts shit kicker level.

You need to be flexible & multi-skilled, you should be able to slot into someone else's role if needed (i.e back counter, stores, stock control, dispatch,warranty, aftercare etc) and be proficient enough in the role so the business can continue to sell the parts that pay your wage...... It's not just about panel quotes & answering phones.

You will be expected to work late, miss lunch, unpack stock orders, put stock away, run the back counter etc........ SOMETIMES.....It's all part of it, don't try to tell me you are always under the pump.....

You are part of a team...There's no 'I' in team, but plenty in your rant.

I pre-pick the next days service Ro's every afternoon....No biggie, it's not 'my job' but it sure does makes my life easier tomorrow....No tech's waiting for service parts = better productivity all round.

And it's all about productivity.

If you're inflexible then you are going to snooker yourself.

Take it from someone with around 20 years industry experience, at 2 years in you are still 'green', you'll be treated like an apprentice because essentially you are.....Rome wasn't built in a day mate - Experience is accrued over time.
Well said.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:59 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pablo668 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweLLy View Post
don't forget

12 cartridges of Lbow Grease
The spirit level needs a new bubble!

Tags
20 secs... no can do... time is money bitch, big bunch of sooks, chads on his rags again, complain about work and do fuck all about it, cool story bro, daylight savings... faded curtains, got a head like a bulldog chewing on a wasp, hot japanese schoolgirls, i need sympathy, isn't tuna jaron?, jaron fellates men, judge judy, lad is troll king!, manstration period is for men !, pettiest complaints ever, pre-empting jarron to still be on the rag, ramwrc, rossco's longterm parking, sandy vaginas, the smell of tangy ball sweat, things, too many friends.. *nod, v40, what would scary say, who's jarron?