Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2011, 08:35 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff
Angry Warning! Do not use "gimmick motorsports"

Hey guys, This is just a little heads-up about my experience with "Gimmick Motorsport".

Back in September the 21st, (Nearly 3 months ago) I placed an order for some hood struts, a T-shirt and some gaskets. The order of $176.89 was processed by "Google Checkout". A guy named "Nino" replied asking for an additional $25 to cover international postage be paid. I said ok, and he sent a second invoice, I sent Gimmick Motorsport the extra via Google checkout. I then waited for my package.

On November 5th, I still had not recieved my order, so I asked Gimmick about it :
"Hello, On September 21 I placed an order ( # 917802867491433 ) for some hood struts, gaskets and a T-shirt. The order was paid via Google checkout, and I also paid an additional amount to cover international postage. The order was supposed to have been posted on September 26. It is now November and I still have not recieved the order. Can you please investigate? Is there a tracking number to look up? Which courier / postal service did you use?
Thankyou"

The reply same day :
"I will check into it and see what is going on, The items were not all sent from the same location, but you should have received at least part of it by now. I will let you know."[/size]

I did not hear back from Gimmick, so I sent another email which went unanswered on November 11 :
[size=85]Hello. Any more info on the state of my order? I still haven't received anything. Please keep me informed.

I still did not receive any further info or package, so I sent this email on November 15 to try and get some response. :
Ok, look Im starting to get worried. I havent got ANY of my order yet. You havent replied to my last mail, and am starting to think I have been scammed. If my order was sent, then it should have deffinately been here. You say you sent multiple packages, and I havent seen one. I know sometimes packages go missing in the post, but not 2 or more from the same person to another person.
I dont want to have to do this, but if you cant get it to me soon, or at least give a decent reason as to whats going on, I am going to bad mouth you on the net on every car forum I can think of.

I didnt really want to do it, but I said that to try and bluff them into actually doing something about my missing parcel.

This was the reply same day :
"We are a 6 year old company that sells over a half million dollars a year in parts, I have no reason to “scam”: anyone for a measly 179 dollars. You are in Australia and as such with usps it is very difficult to verify when exactly the parts are supposed to arrive unless you pay the ridiculous prices for next day air. I promise you the parts were sent and I have the post office doing a trace on the packages but have yet to hear anything back. Once I do you will be the first to know."

That was the last I heard from them. I didnt actually post anything about them online, as wanted them to have a chance to sort the issue out. I know how damaging that sort of stuff can be to business. (That was until today.)

On November 23rd, I filed a complaint with Google about Gimmick. Google supposedly gets in touch with and trys to mediate. There was no reply from Gimmick and still isnt to this day.

I am currently seeking a refund from Google. In the mean time I thought Id warn you all about this dodgy company. I understand that stuff-ups happen, and I have been responsible for a good few in my time too. Thats not the point, its how you handle that stuff-up that is important. And clearly Gimmick Motorsport is not very good at handling their stuff-ups. I have given them every opportunity to sort it out, but have been left in the dark and out of pocket. So I urge you not to support a business that clearly doesn't support its customers.
Old 14-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Ask for a delivery confirmation number, its a bit different to a tracking number, but allowed me to have a bit of an idea where a package, sent by a different company, from the US was. (it took about 2 weeks)

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 14-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Avalanche at standard level

With a name like that I wouldn't be buying anything from them anyway
Old 14-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Subaru Tech Division

kid at standard level

Pretty much what i was thinking lol^^

Hey guise i got a new business called Nigerian Diamond Online Shop come buy from me....

But seriously cheers for the heads up
Old 15-12-2011, 07:26 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Well, i was recommended them by someone on Ozfoz. Pretty sure they are a real buisness, just a bit flaky.

Looks like straight after posting this (on numerous forums) gimmick has got back to me. I will Await the results of that and also the Google claim. If Gimmick comes good, I dont mind Taking this down. It just sucks that you have to go to such measures to get progress.
Old 15-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Sounds like they have sent them via regular snail mail and not with a courier. Depending on the mail option they use, it could be coming here via ship.

However, they should have been able to explain that straight away by telling you who the shipping/posting company was and letting you know if there was a tracking number.
Old 15-12-2011, 09:07 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

ams at standard level

After a quick google of their business name, the only real negative feedback has been posted by you (on various sites).

Sounds like a one-off problem.
Old 15-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Snail mail from the US, fuck that, you will be waiting for a while especially if its coming Sea.

They will only be able to track it to when and where it was boarded. I would expect to wait 8-12 weeks if its coming Sea, maybe a bit more :/

Live and learn I guess
Old 15-12-2011, 11:49 AM
STI Master

RXqME at standard level

Why did you bother buying from them the gear you brought? You can get all that shit locally, and cheaper ( apart from the ass looking shirt!).
Old 15-12-2011, 06:14 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Well I only really wanted the hood struts. I searched for a kit directly to suit my forester, but to no avail. I know I could easily make a generic set fit, but for the price, these seemed like a good option. I even got in contact with a fellow P-diddy member who made kits, but he was out of ends or something? The gaskets seemed like a good plan for when turbo and headers go on, I already have all gaskets, but they arnt fan-dangled copper ones. And the shirt, well usually I dont mind promoting a company that helps me out. Even if I get the shirt now, I aint wearing it.

Also, I didnt choose the freight option. It was chosen for me. But even still, I have skimped on the cheap postage before, and even that usually take less than a month. Premium like 10 days or less, and the added bonus of tracking. Infact, since this purchas, I have bought from the US with cheap usps, and that has made it here. Its been nearly 3 months since order, if it is coming, it would deffinately have been here by now. ANd i was told my order would come in multiple packages. One getting lost, ok plausible, 2 getting lost???

Tags
cool story bro, gimmick motorsports, warning