Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Five8 at standard level
Default Removing Racing Vinyl

Hi all,

Searched the forums but only found minor sticker removal. Sorry if it's a repost BUT here is my scenario;

Was considering to purchase a '99 E3 and found 2 of them roughly around the same price and clicks on the clock. One having 2 racing stripes down the centre of the car, which I hate, but has a FMIC and sitting on 18's. The other is pretty stock with the minor mods you'd expect (exhaust etc.).

I rather buy the one with the ugly racing stripes because of the FMIC and the 18's. It's a '99 so my main concern being the fading more than getting the residue off. Has anyone dealt with removing large pieces of vinyl from their cars? and what was the result?

Here are the cars.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Darren from Technik removed all the vinyl from his car, as did Karl. It's a long process from what I recall, but aparently the paintwork underneath was fine, after a good polish.

There is a 99 CS Evo III for sale on our forums by EVL WRX. His car is a fine example, maybe look at that one?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

Buy the 2nd one, or buy Brett's car for an even better option.

If the owner botched that first one with ugly rims, a FMIC abortion and those awful stripes, I wonder how the rest of the car is modified? More than likely with the same level of quality.

Last edited by BALISTC; 05-08-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

Yeah that front mount is rough as guts.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13822
Old 05-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Five8 at standard level

Yep, seen the e3 on the forum and its def. a nice ride BUT is outside my budget for a cruiser. The 2 cars are in the high teens and I would prefer to pay less if I could for a mildly modded classic shaped MY98 and above but they have a similar price tag to these e3's eg. $16k - $19k bracket.

Didn't want to spend anymore after the purchase and thought the 1st car would be ok since it had the 18's and the FMIC. Just the ride height is a concern.

Hard choice.

Thanks for the response.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

Osbourne park Subaru have one too.
dunno how much they want but.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 PM

Elrico at standard level

Thank god i didnt cut the bottom of my bumper like that. I was going to, but sean at ASG informed me of the tackyness and its only now i actually realise how horribly botched it looks.

Go the second one, or buy EVL's WRX. Personally its not too hard a choice. If you cant really afford to buy the car and have a few G left over for insurance or emergency cash maybe you should save for a bit more. Not telling you how to spend your cash, just making an observation
Old 05-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

I would buy the second one most likely has been treated alot better, The first one has gay rims, gay stripes, lift kit! and tacky front mount
Old 05-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Five8 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Thank god i didnt cut the bottom of my bumper like that. I was going to, but sean at ASG informed me of the tackyness and its only now i actually realise how horribly botched it looks.
Actually now that you mention it, the bumper is looking really tacky and the more I look at it, the more Im put off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Go the second one, or buy EVL's WRX. Personally its not too hard a choice. If you cant really afford to buy the car and have a few G left over for insurance or emergency cash maybe you should save for a bit more. Not telling you how to spend your cash, just making an observation
The money isn't really an issue but I don't want to go outside my budget, pretty strict in that aspect, it would just be a cruiser...a weekend car so didn't really want to spend too much on a 2nd car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
If the owner botched that first one with ugly rims, a FMIC abortion and those awful stripes, I wonder how the rest of the car is modified? More than likely with the same level of quality.
Having a closer look at the 1st one, your right Balistic...blue neons under the dash + ugly stripes + L/P plates + WRX = disaster. Good advice but the rims don't look to bad IMO.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five8
Having a closer look at the 1st one, your right Balistic...blue neons under the dash + ugly stripes + L/P plates + WRX = disaster. Good advice but the rims don't look to bad IMO.
Till the plastic chrome finish starts to flake off.. followed by the first kurbage

Tags
racing, removing, vinyl