Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2007, 06:51 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Golding at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Golding

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikwrx
some people spend to much time at Alberts here i can tell,

how can we be recomending him speakers without first asking him essiental basic question's such as:

1) Music taste
2) Power ie running off the deck or off an amp
3) Rough budget
4) Installed by yourself?

At the end of the day speaker choice is a personal opion, and sound quality is decided upon to listner, if you can answer the two questions above i can at least point you in the right direction of what speaker model/brands to start listening to you.
well my music taste....
big rock fan. love metallica, foo fighters, audioslave, RATM, tool and things like that. so heavy rock you could say. but like the odd soft song.

i have a new Allpine IVA-105E. So i was thinking to run maybe the back speakers off that seeing as theyre not as important, and maybe the sub and front 2 on the amp. if its not too expensive.

my rough budget is around a grand. but the cheaper the better. i definatly want a type s sub though. and 12" i think will be huge. im not after car shaking bass.

and id prefer to get it all installed by someone else, that way if they screw up i can blame someone else
Old 16-10-2007, 12:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Golding at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Golding

do Alpine Type R spilts fit into the standard door trim in a MY05? or do they need a spacer?

im not sure as i havent used alpine speakers berfore and dont know how deep they are and the pocket is.

cheers.
Old 16-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

i dont think they fit... i have an 02 and they will fit but you lose your windows up and down ability.

i listen to the same style of music, but delve into heavier metal as well, i've found the stock speakers are alright until you really crank it.
i have a alpine deck thats it and i think ill get MB quartz front splits once i have the $$

Last edited by Master D; 16-10-2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: added more
Old 16-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

Cheapest bang for buck:
stock speakers, Head unit with Highpass filter built in. (Alpine, some pioneers)
12'' s type in a box with either the Alpine mrp-m350 (always a second hand one of these on ebay) or a mrp-t220.

Last edited by Hurtenstein; 16-10-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 16-10-2007, 11:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

bankids at standard level

they wouldn't fit, my mate just fit full pack of type r in his 06 wrx, for the front you'll need the spacer...

also as u have a dvd player i reckon you should get the rears even just powered form ur deck
Old 17-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Scoobie Noobie

2004spec-c...wagon at standard level

For what its worth mate.......... a decent set of 6.5" splits for the front.... eg the kicker ss series as they are slim in design so your window wont hit the magnet (i found this out the hard way after paying a lot of money for some dls splits for my 04 sti wgn) a high power deck (eg pioneer deh-p5950ib with the 55w x 4 output) and a sub and amp pkg..... your choice as it depends on the type of music you listen to but i have allways used jl audio and their new line of 13inch subs are great just one of them and a 2 channel amp that can be bridged into a single channel and put out around the recomended power of your sub/s and you have a cost effective system with plenty of room left to upgrade (say if you want to change rear speakers or even add another amp to power the cabin speakers) jb's have all the mentioned parts and are pretty good with pkg deals and general pricing.......................
One good point to mention too is the pioneer head unit is great as it lets you set the crossover points for the front and the back so you could set the crossover higher for the back so the standard speakers dont distort and keep the front crossover relativly low to let all of the mids out and just let the sub/amp pkg take care of the rest of the low end........ food for thought
Old 17-10-2007, 08:14 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

For $1000...

I'd get a Jaycar amp $300
RESPONSE CAR AMP 4X100WRMS
If you are looking for an ultra-powerful 4-channel amplifier then the AA-0426 is an excellent choice. Power output exceeds 100WRMS power channel

2 channels from amp running MB Quart splits for front $350

2 channels from amp bridged running Eclipse dual coil 12 inch sub $300-400 approx.

Leave your stock rear speakers running off the deck. This would be a loud system, with decent quality.

I have similar music taste to you, and have set my system up for that. Prefer MQQuart speakers sound for rock, Focal were too tinny. Hertz were a close second though.
Old 17-10-2007, 09:49 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

bankids at standard level

if u can buy a mono to run a sub, never bridge em, the outcome's different

Tags
sound, system