Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level
Default Amp Wiring

Ok i have a 5CH alpine amp and a Alpine Monoblock 1000watt Amp.
5ch running fronts and rears 5ch channel not being used.
1 x 12inch alpine type R on the mono.

Now at the momment i have one 8 gauge cable from battery on a probably 60amp fuse to a splitter box in boot with another fuse and one lead goes to each amp.

Now what im wondering is will that cable be enough for the big amp.

I know big amps like that some times need there own 4 guage cable

Thanks

Also need some ideas on how to make this all fit nicely as both amps are damn long. Dont want anything for show just want them out of the way and neat , at the moment i had them along back seat on a board but with changing to this new mono block amp they are to long now.

Tim
Old 21-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

tim, u need to use 0-4 gauge cable's. bigger amp's require the power. Also, make sure u get yourself a 0-4 gauge earth cable as well (same size as you go)

see if the amp will fit under the passenger seat. this is a good idea because not only will the amp get some nice fresh air and not over heat, as it may in the boot with no air circulation. if its too big to go under the seat, maybe building a false floor would be an option. hide the amp's underneath, then use the boot as normal. just make a cut out for your spare wheel. thats the only idea's I can come up with.

kym
Old 21-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Flat Four Father

Yeah i thought as much ill keep it low until i get some 4 guage hopefully get some tomorrow. anyone got some kicking around ? I think i have a capacator at work to ill grab it tomorrow hopfully. amp is over kill for one sub but just dont have to have it up full i guess.
Old 21-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Flat Four Father

Amp is to big to go under seats. got no chance i dont want to have no spare wheel
so i guess back wall but got to make sides come around or over lap them dont know .. mmmh
Old 21-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF
Yeah i thought as much ill keep it low until i get some 4 guage hopefully get some tomorrow. anyone got some kicking around ? I think i have a capacator at work to ill grab it tomorrow hopfully. amp is over kill for one sub but just dont have to have it up full i guess.
Nah man that 1000W mono amp will be just right for a single type R. It is invariably better to overpower a speaker than underpower it. As long as you set the gains correctly and have the correct sized box it should come up mint

Sounds like you're doing most of the handy work yourself. All the best with it and if you come accross any problems there's more than a few of us on here who'll be able to help you out. Bumpstop ( ), Kym, me just to name the few I know of
Old 21-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF
Amp is to big to go under seats. got no chance i dont want to have no spare wheel
so i guess back wall but got to make sides come around or over lap them dont know .. mmmh
You could mount them against the side of the boot giving you clean cable runs, still heaps of room and keep your spare wheel. It's getting it braced up so it doesn't fall over on high boost chicane manouvers that's tricky as I'm sure you don't want to drill into panels and gluing MDF to the inner skin is either whole hog or nothing at all.
Old 21-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Flat Four Father

Well im defienlty open for some ideas i bit stuck to know how to mount these two mother fckers haha they are so big. yeah MDF probably easiest way and i can carpet it after. Im not looking for a show boot just want it neat and practical.
Old 21-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Flat Four Father

Somthing simple like this would be good i think they would fit if they are brought forward like that. where as at the moment mine are flush with back seats. Would that be hard to make and have it stand strong ?
probbably going to give it a go boxing day or christmas day afternoon

Last edited by NVRENUF; 21-12-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 21-12-2007, 10:36 PM