Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobygez
imho guys autoglym isnt that good its ok for quick polish useing the super resin but wash the car once or twice and its off!!

i only use maguires deep crystal it simply is one of the best out there esp the stage 3 system
ROFL, the megs is great for its price but there are MUCH better options! Zaino's another great option too!

Dave, have you spoken to Dave@ Waxit? Another great place to find info is the detailers paradise forums.

I still havent found the chamois. I spent 2 days looking and ringing people and everyone locally was out of stock
Old 29-12-2007, 11:12 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

col at standard level

for chamois. waffle weave drying towel from damo @ final inspection. also polish .. menzerna from final inspection. zaino sealant.. from damo at final inspection
Old 30-12-2007, 10:59 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
Ohh. Need some wheel sealer. Farking spokes on my rims are a pain in the ass to clean and dust gets into every nook and cranny.
Just washed car and rims after 10 days since used the alloy wheel seal and there was bugger all dust build-up on wheels, what was there came off easily. Yes others may like maguires or zaino better but I am very happy with the autoglym products and happily recommend it to others.
Old 30-12-2007, 11:00 AM
The Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holler
Followed your advice Dave and have just returned with an assortment of the Autoglym products. I shall test them later tonight on the car when it cools down a bit! Unfortunately they were all out of the chamois though at the Osbourne Park store so I will have to go back in at a later date and purchase one. Cheers for the info on these products!
you won't be disappointed Holler
Old 30-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

I never really have an issue with brake dust .. I usually wash the car once a week, and while there is a little bit, the rims aren't coated in black dust.

What do you guys do to get so much dust on your rims? I think they only way i could do that would be to do 50 laps of a track with a shitload of braking, or just not wash the car for 3 months.
Old 31-12-2007, 07:36 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Have been using Auto Glym products for years...they are easy to use, look after the clear coat and give a superb finish...and their microfibre chamois is THE BEST.
Very highly recommended.
Old 31-12-2007, 08:02 AM
The Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX
I never really have an issue with brake dust .. I usually wash the car once a week, and while there is a little bit, the rims aren't coated in black dust.

What do you guys do to get so much dust on your rims? I think they only way i could do that would be to do 50 laps of a track with a shitload of braking, or just not wash the car for 3 months.
Brembos Rich Brembos
Old 31-12-2007, 08:20 AM

BALISTC knows their stuff

For anyone willing to try a decently priced wax that doesnt break the bank, but shits all over any off the shelf wax (i.e. Mothers, Meguiars) in the <$50 price range, try Fusso Super 99 Wax.

I read about it on Autopia forums once, and someone even compared it to P21S which is a premium wax. I came across some at A-Spec Auto Accessories at Carillon City....so I thought I'd give it a shot

Cost me 25 bucks on sale (normally 35) and came with a microfibre cloth.

Works a farkin treat...typically runny, like all Japanese waxes, but once you get your head around the unusual consistency of it, you'll find that its a very very good wax with excellent beading.

I'm yet to find out how long it lasts (I only applied it a few weeks ago), but from what I've read, its long lasting.

Also, the only car cleaning products worth buying if you're really serious (in no particular order)

- Zaino
- Swissol
- Pinnacle
- Poorboys
- P21S

Can get it all from WaxIt (www.waxit.com.au).

I've used Poorboys, Zaino, Swissol and Pinnacle, and I love the Poorboys for the best value for money, but the best overall IMHO is the Pinnacle. The Souveran wax is magic, and its seriously not that expensive to get into it....you'll pay approx $150 plus postage for Pinnacle clay bar, paint cleanser, wash, polish and Souveran wax. Buy the same products in the Meguiars range and you'll spend around $100.

Mothers is good too, but for the money you can buy any of the above listed brands.

Meguiars is not bad at all, but for the money you can buy something like Poorboys and it sh*ts all over it. I'm still trying to get rid of a pile of Meguiars stuff that I've got sitting at home, almost finished it all off which is good...because once its finished, I'm going to stock up on a bunch of top quality detailing gear.

These are just my opinions on car cleaning gear, so don't take it as gospel and I'm sure everyone else has other opinions on whats good and what isn't. I'm not a professional, but most would know that I do take pride in keeping a clean car

Last edited by BALISTC; 31-12-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 18-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

SublimeForester at standard level

one word.......... Swissvax!

Autoglym is good stuff too. Their window polish is the best bar none.
Old 18-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by col
for chamois. waffle weave drying towel from damo @ final inspection. also polish .. menzerna from final inspection. zaino sealant.. from damo at final inspection
+2 Damo FTW

I used to use waxit.com.au but Damian is an awesome bloke and his work is proof that he knows what he is talking about.

Tags
autoglym, car, care, ftw, products