Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
Still want something louder? Pay more money for something that will take more power and is known to play loud. Putting the sub in the best box suited to it (ie the best dimensions/internal space) is also something that will get you more volume.
+1, why dont you sell these two and buy something that can take a bit more power, would say about 500W RMS would be pretty nice. Get an amp to suit the woofer....

Rockford Fosgate do great amps and subs IMO
Old 26-07-2010, 07:21 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

haydn_wolf at standard level

They were the only specs I could quickly find. May have been another model. In a car like that the 150wrms subs could work fine therefore you only need a cheaper/ small powered amplifier to do the job. Thats if you want to utilize what you have.

Sorry ALEX. I would have to disagree with the more subs. From my experience the more speakers you have can work out better, especially if you have in your mind that you are going to get "mad pumping bass".
Budget, genre of music and the type of the vehicle are all contributing factors.

What I can really suggest to you is work out what you want out of the system once you have completed building it. From there you can sort of work out a budget and if its tight research what is going to give you bang for your buck.

In terms of enclosures if you are concerned about space you can get someone to build a custom box to suit the woofers and the vehicle. This way you are getting the best of both worlds.
Take for instance Macey's (BUMPSTOP) STI hatch they he worked on(http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...ighlight=focal)

That install was neat and tidy with the subwoofer moulded into the side which allowed for maximum boot space.
Old 26-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

For a cheap fix, maybe look into the following. I actually only posted something like this to another member a few days ago.

Make your own box / boxes

http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index...=sub+enclosure

Buy these, its for two enclosures one for each side.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUBARU-SPEAKE...item2a08db9286

Letting the auction go, rather than buy it now, they sell for around $140 - $170 apparently. Not sure on the quality though, however the other member I sent the same info to, he won and will be showing me when they arrive, hopefully within the week. For 150 RMS (your subs) I am sure they will be fine

I did not think to ask before, do you have standard speakers? If so, would be silly, now thinking about it, to go and ram 500w RMS sub and a big amp in the boot and not have the mid and high to keep up with it. Booom Boooom, Booooom.....

If you have standard fronts, think about making your own box / boxes (like I am) or buy the two in the ebay link, utilise your subs, get a 4ch amp that is bigger than what you need (Rockford T600.1) Run the subs only, for now and if you want to upgrade later (front splits), you already have a pretty versatile strong amp.

Other people would have different views, there is no real right or wrong answer, but these are just my thoughts to try and help.

Simon
Old 27-07-2010, 07:56 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Jdog at standard level

I've got pioneer splits in fron and 6inch pioneers in the rear doors. The subs have been in the car before so everything has been upgraded..I'm tryin something out by install the subs behind the rear seats. Shown here in the pic.
Thnx for all ur info guys, muchly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg  
Putting -3.56 degrees of camber on the rear: PRICELESS!
Old 27-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog View Post
I've got pioneer splits in fron and 6inch pioneers in the rear doors. The subs have been in the car before so everything has been upgraded..I'm tryin something out by install the subs behind the rear seats. Shown here in the pic.
Thnx for all ur info guys, muchly appreciated.
Hey bud,

I dont think your first question has been answered???

You want to install your subs in a smaller box? They are already in a box?

You want to know the best amp to run them with yeah?

You said you have changed the front and rears, do you have an amp running them? If you do what size is it?

Simon
Old 27-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Sir AntiLag

Latenitez at standard level

no worries Jdog, but i feel subs sound way better when they are facing away from you not at you. i feel it kicks out more of a punch when they are facing away from you, more of a clean bass in my opinion, but thats just me ha ha

Cheers Admin
Old 27-07-2010, 09:36 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Jdog at standard level

Reversing the wires..would that have an effect? Wouldn't that stuff up your amp or subs?
Old 27-07-2010, 01:25 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Jdog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post
Hey bud,

I dont think your first question has been answered???

You want to install your subs in a smaller box? They are already in a box?

You want to know the best amp to run them with yeah?

You said you have changed the front and rears, do you have an amp running them? If you do what size is it?

Simon
Hey mate,
My speakers Are all running off my head unit, that's the next thing instore after i've got my subs sorted. I've basicly got the box sorted for my subs I just need an idea on what amp or amps to use.

Thnx.
Old 27-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog View Post
Hey mate,
My speakers Are all running off my head unit, that's the next thing instore after i've got my subs sorted. I've basicly got the box sorted for my subs I just need an idea on what amp or amps to use.

Thnx.
Right, OK,

Maybe get a 4ch amp then for now, just because those subs cant take much power. Run the two subs of the two rear channels.

Front speakers off the front 2 channels

Rear speakers, run off the deck. Have a look at the following list that would suit your needs.

Alpine PDX-4.100 = 100 RMS x 4 per Channel @ 4 Ohm = Around $500

Rockford Fosgate T600.4 = 100 RMS x 4 per channel @ 4 Ohm = Around $500

Pioneer GM-D9500F = 75W x 4 RMS x 4 per channel @ 4 ohm = Around $400

This way, your front Pioneer splits will / should sound better and have more punch, they will be able to keep up with your subs also.

Or you could just get a 2 channel for the subs, but just watch the RMS as the subs you have can only take 150...

I had a R P400.1 in a SS ute I used to have about 5 years ago. The RMS on that was 50 x 4. It ram some MB quarts up front and 2 X 10" P2 subs behind the seats. It used to crank, blurred vision in the mirrors and stuff. Most importantly though, it was nice and clear. Being a ute though, its a easy place to get good bass, as the subs are in the cab with you. Just an example though of RMS ratings.

I know for a fact that you can get 140W RMS out of the t600.4 and 400W bridged out of it....

Hope this helps in some way
Old 27-07-2010, 05:10 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Jdog at standard level

Thnx heaps for the info ai mate. I think I'm gonna do the idea you just gave me.

Cheers
Jayden.

Tags
amp